Inverted played/unplayed badge icon on media

fillidill

fillidill

Maybe it is just me, but I think it is a bit odd to have a played/unplayed badge on media that has been watched. It just clutters up and is distracting. I rather prefer Plex's way of doing it where media only have a badge when it is unwatched. Would it be possible to make a setting choose how it should be shown?

• Like 1

fillidill
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, on a new installation, wouldn't that result in having icons on pretty much everything?

Sure, but is that a problem? In a perfect world you only install once.

And for me personally, the first thing I did when moving from plex was to make all my media that I already have seen marked as played.

I was just curious. Personally, I think if we were starting off now I'd lean towards not having indicators at all except in something like a list of episodes so you can see the spot you've left off in.

The indicators are largely the same as they were a long time ago before we had smart home screens to suggest things like continue watching, latest unplayed, etc.

So given that we have the home screen to help provide this information, do we need to cover posters with icons? I personally do not think so, but it would be a very hard change to make after all these years.

24 minutes ago, Luke said:

do we need to cover posters with icons?

600px-And_I_Took_That_Personally.jpg

• Haha 1