Best and easiest way to get notifications from Emby when media played

ng4ever

ng4ever

I can't figure it out still. Thanks.

This is on the iOS Emby app. Unless there is some third party app like Tautulli for plex that works. I doubt it.

Thanks for any help.

If this is the wrong forum sorry :(

Yes Emby server is running on NAS.

Edited by ng4ever

GrimReaper

Then I suppose you're gonna have to give some more context, as I can't figure out what exactly you're trying to achieve. 🤷‍♂️

ng4ever
Just now, GrimReaper said:

Then I suppose you're gonna have to give some more context, as I can't figure out what exactly you're trying to achieve. 🤷‍♂️

Sure I am trying to get a notification on my iPhone from my Emby server when someone simply plays any media content.

GrimReaper

You have several notification plugins to do that; seeing you're on iOS, you might go with Prowl, but also Pushbullet, Pushover, Telegram or whatever. Check Plugin Catalogue. 

• Like 2

ng4ever
5 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

You have several notification plugins to do that; seeing you're on iOS, you might go with Prowl, but also Pushbullet, Pushover, Telegram or whatever. Check Plugin Catalogue. 

I know but I need help setting it up please? 

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

I know but I need help setting it up please? 

I was using both Pushover and Pushbullet at some points in the past, haven't for some time, though, went next-level with webhooks and notifiarr, but sure, let's try to sort you out, what do you need help with? 

Screenshot_2021-11-10-23-54-30-003_com.pushbullet.android.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-10-23-53-20-514_net.superblock.pushover.jpg

• Like 1

ng4ever
1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

I was using both Pushover and Pushbullet at some points in the past, haven't for some time, though, went next-level with webhooks and notifiarr, but sure, let's try to sort you out, what do you need help with? 

Screenshot_2021-11-10-23-54-30-003_com.pushbullet.android.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-10-23-53-20-514_net.superblock.pushover.jpg

Thanks first I need to know which plug in is best to use for me ? I know all have differences but I can't decide. I guess whatever is easiest and works best.

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

Thanks first I need to know which plug in is best to use for me ? I know all have differences but I can't decide. I guess whatever is easiest and works best.

There's screenshots of both Pushbullet and Pushover above, which one you fancy more? They both work bassically same, not any notable differences there. 

For some eye-candy, notifiarr+discord. 

Screenshot_2021-11-11-00-05-22-321_com.opera.browser.jpg

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Thanks 1

ng4ever

There's screenshots of both Pushbullet and Pushover above, which one you fancy more? They both work bassically same, not any notable differences there. 

For some eye-candy, notifiarr+discord. 

Pushover I guess sense I think Pushbullet costs money. Either way Pushover.

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

Sorry forgot to add what is next if I choose Pushover please?

Install app on your phone. Head over to pushover.net to register app, as you'll need auth token. Download plugin from Catalogue, enter that token and user key. In Dashboard>Advanced>Notifications, configure events you want to be notified of. If you want daily summaries (Users watched/Media added) , install Playback Reporting Plugin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ng4ever

Install app on your phone. Head over to pushover.net to register app, as you'll need auth token. Download plugin from Catalogue, enter that token and user key. In Dashboard>Advanced>Notifications, configure events you want to be notified of. If you want daily summaries (Users watched/Media added) , install Playback Reporting Plugin. 

Thank you I will let you know if it works.

GrimReaper
Just now, ng4ever said:

Just wish Emby had it built in oh well with the app.

Well, all those notification events are built in, hence plugins, as we all have different preferences, you find out which one works best for your usage-case. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, for example I don't want any type of notification for my system as it would be going off constantly so having them as plugins makes sense.  This way I never load something I won't use. If everything was built directly in the main server it would use more memory and resources.

For those using notification do you want 4 or 5 different things built in or just the one you use? Having things modular make sense as you only load things you want to use.
The Emby plugins run in the same code or memory space as your server so they aren't 2nd class citizens or "plugins" in the traditional sense like on some other systems.

With Emby architecture it's more like you pick the sets of things you want to load and run together which is quite nice.

• Agree 1

ng4ever
1 minute ago, cayars said:

Yep, for example I don't want any type of notification for my system as it would be going off constantly so having them as plugins makes sense.  This way I never load something I won't use. If everything was built directly in the main server it would use more memory and resources.

For those using notification do you want 4 or 5 different things built in or just the one you use? Having things modular make sense as you only load things you want to use.
The Emby plugins run in the same code or memory space as your server so they aren't 2nd class citizens or "plugins" in the traditional sense like on some other systems.

With Emby architecture it's more like you pick the sets of things you want to load and run together which is quite nice.

Good point!

• Like 1