Automation: Stop mining when transcoding is requested

FrAllard

FrAllard

Hi!

I'm looking for a solution. I've been mining on my 1060 Ti 6GB and before I put 4k HDR content on my server all my users could transcode with the GPU while it was mining. Now that the transcode for 4k HDR content uses a lot more memory on the GPU if it's mining there isn't enough graphic memory to transcode and it fallback to CPU.

My question is, would it be possible to trigger a script or an api call or anything that I could use so emby could tell the host to stop mining and allow gpu transcode. (I'm in emby docker here, mining bare metal) When the transcode is done the mining would be resumed?

I can probably do the last part on the host end and watch for the gpu usage to stop and then restart de mining when the script see that the GPU is back to idle for 10 minutes. Emby would still need to trigger the stop mining and then fire the GPU transcode.

I know it's long shot, and I soon might not even need that anymore when Ethereum switch to Proof-of-Stake fully. I don't know which coin I'll mine then but it will probably require less memory.

FrAllard

Oh man... There isn't much info on those webhooks... Is there a documentation that I could not find hidden somewhere on how to make this work?

Also note that I don't want to use a cloud solution, everything need to run locally. I have a nginx server locally and php is running on it. If webhooks were meant for IFTTT there must be a way for me to use the same thing to make this work locally.

Regards,

FrAllard

Webhooks are not meant specifically for ifttt. Ifttt is just one example usage but you could receive them with your own web server and write your own code to process them.