Server Configuration Backup Fails

I am not able to set the configuration for the plugin. No matter what I type, after clicking Save it reverts back to blank entries.

I am running Emby Server Docker v4.6.4.0 with Server Configuration Backup 1.4.7.0

In my docker configuration I have /backups mapped to a share on the local host. Did a keyword search on "backup" in the log (embyserver.txt) and found this line:

2021-11-09 09:16:34.566 Debug XmlSerializer: Deserializing file /config/plugins/configurations/MBBackup.xml

But when I look in that location there is no such file. Apparently the plugin is not saving the settings or creating the file. I have tried several attempts at removing and reinstalling the plugin but the results are the same.

Can I get a copy of this file or create one myself?

My settings:

image.png.3665109fa93e6acd574ff27b2cc0c05d.png

After saving:

image.png.f3f034e6bd16b24b29e21e8ea6bbf7c9.png

Hi, this can happen if Emby Server does not have write access to the /backups location. Please check on this and try again, and let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Still not working. I am unable to even search using the search button. Everything else in EmbyServer that has a search button works, just not the backup plugin.

Also would be nice to have more details in the version history of the plugin, instead of the standard "Compatibility Update". 

Nothing pops up.

Are there any commands that I can run to export the watch list?

I am think I may need to rebuild the docker image there may be some corruption in the data. The reason for this is that we were without Internet access over the weekend. Once that was restored and I started up my Emby Client (Shield TV) all tv shows in the Continue Watching were showing the last episode of each of those series.

Happy2Play

Really not seeing a issue with SCB plugin but am seeing a issue of incompatible plugins or a server rollback from beta causing plugin issues.  But unable to know which plugins

Spoiler

2021-11-09 12:52:26.263 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2021-11-09 12:52:26.263 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2021-11-09 12:52:26.263 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2021-11-09 12:52:26.263 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2021-11-09 12:52:26.263 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2021-11-09 12:52:26.265 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2021-11-09 12:52:26.265 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2021-11-09 12:52:26.265 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2021-11-09 12:52:26.265 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2021-11-09 12:52:26.265 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2021-11-09 12:52:26.266 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.7.0.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2021-11-09 12:52:26.266 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=4.7.0.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

Because the same issue occurred in beta? So I thought rollback to see if it would clear.

At this point, is there a command line to export a watch list - this way I can start over with a clean production build.

Happy2Play

Well depending on the database you could possibly export the userdatas table from the library.db.  But i would ensure you have a backup of the library.db and users.db.

But for the compatibles issues I would remove all plugins in "/config/plugins/" and start Emby, then readd any plugins you added.

@Happy2Play  - so would that be just delete everything in that directory? Also would it be a good idea to remove them via the GUI and then clean out everything in the /config/plugin directory for the stuff that was left over?

Happy2Play

Sorry I don't know how this platform/docker works, I know on Windows the uninstall process gives you a option to remove all traces.  But your data path makes up all your configs for your Emby installation.

Data path: /config

I am using the official Emby docker - so I do have a /plugins directory within the docker /config directory.

So I will give the following a try:

• Note all plugins installed
  • Remove all plugins
  • Clean out any remaining files in the plugins directory
  • Restart Emby
  • Then start added each plugin back into the system (testing each)

But if all else fails I can always start over - no worries.

Thanks.

I ended up starting over and redeploying the docker using the latest version, 4.6.4.0. All plugins are now working again. Library is currently scanning now.

Thanks your help. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to follow up with you.  Did you get the Backup Plugin setup and working after the rebuild?
It's just a matter of setting the correct permissions to the backup location if it doesn't work.