New Content Type That Can Detect Metadata, But is Not Tracked in Other

mrchristiecdn

mrchristiecdn

Hi :)

I have a TV Trailers and Movie Trailers Library section in Libraries for my old man, and I toss in trailers I've downloaded from YouTube in them (to see if he's interested in them or not).

However, what's happening right now is that when he watches the trailer in Movie Trailers and then he wants to see it, I'll add it to the Movies section, but it's automatically marked as being Played (I assume because the content types are the same for both the Movie Trailers section and the Movies section (that I actually have the movies in).

I'd like to request a new feature (content type specifically or whatever is the best way to implement it) where the TV Trailers and Movie Trailers sections can have all the metadata/poster pictures displayed like the main TV Shows/Movies sections do etc., but doesn't affect the main TV Shows/Movies section with regards to being Played/Watched or not.

He really likes when the Trailers sections have all the poster art and stuff like the main sections (Right now I've put those sections content type to Home Videos & Photos (which doesn't look great and doesn't have any of the metadata etc.).

Thanks for your guys' time, patience and good app! :) 

P.S. I did a search for this feature, but I didn't find a previous request for it. I apologize if there is one already that I missed :( 

Hi.  The issue here isn't the content type.  It is the fact that trailers are identified as the movie they are for by the internet providers.  That is, the trailer for a movie and the movie itself will both share the same tmdb ID for instance and that is how we track watched status.

So the libraries and content types don't really matter - it is those IDs.  I'm pretty sure this has come up before but I could not find the request.  The only solution I can think of is for us to apply some sort of "special sauce" to the IDs for trailers - assuming we can identify them as such.

mrchristiecdn

Hi Mr. ebr :)

Ah, I see :)

I'm sure I'm in the super minority, so I'd completely understand if something like that never gets added. Thought I'd put in the request anyway :)

Have a good day ebr :)