Emby App (Client not Server) on OpenMediaVault

mightymouse11

mightymouse11

Hi All,

Looking for some general guidance please on how to proceed. I have a mini PC which I setup as an OpenMediaVault server. This also runs Emby Server and all works as it should.

The same PC is connected onto my TV (it used to be my old Kodi system) so I would now like to use the same to run the Emby App. I originally envisioned the Linux Emby App can run natively on the OMV setup (as it's based on Debian) but the installation procedure stated on the emby site fails on dependencies.

What are my options? Current thoughts in order of preference (though not sure what is actually possible):

1.) Figure out how to run Native Linux Emby App (deb file) on OMV Debian (as originally attempted but failed)

2.) Run Kodi + Emby plugin via Docker (Emby Server running as Docker container now anyway)

3.) Instal Kodi 'Natively' on OMV Debian 

4.) Anything else I did not consider which may be better?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by mightymouse11

quickmic

The plugins should work out of the box.

Linux Emby App not sure, but you already mentioned there are dependencies missing. Based on you Linux knowledge, can be tricky to solve them.

• 2 weeks later...
mightymouse11

Just a quick update to box this off… I ended up giving up on the idea and bought a Roku stick and an Fire TV stick to try. Whilst Roku is generally better than Firestick the Emby app is much more mature on the Fire TV app.

• Like 1