Issues w/new TrueNAS installation, no meta, win10 play only.

Trianine
Go to solution Solved by FrogMaster,

Trianine

I've been using Emby/TrueNAS for a while, but recently rebuilt my Pool, as my media got too big for the drives I was using.  I am still going through the slow process of adding my movies back, which will likely take about a week. 

I managed to get everything set-up, or so I thought.  I can add and play my media on my PC, but using Emby on the Roku or TV are a no-go as is playing on my phone from an outside network connected to Emby.  Additionally, none of the metadata are saving. I am also unable to use my Premier key. While I have been able to handle these kinds of issues in the past, I have struggled to understand all of the moving parts, especially as they have changed a bit over the years, so my notes don't always make sense in the new system. 

Log provided, in hopes that it helps. 

embyserver.txt

Hello Trianine,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Happy2Play

You have a certificate Trust issue, but there are lots of these topics.

Error: TrustFailure

Not sure if this one will help as it is more then just a Let's Encrypt issue.

Trianine

Right off the bat, cert-sync does not work, so I am unsure of the solution you provided.  I tried replacing ca-root-nss.crt with an updated version, and am still seeing Error: TrustFailure (at an incorrect time that appears to match my current time)

The other solution mentioned is well beyond my experience, and I'm going to need a few separate guides just to pretend to do that. 
ssl-certificate-problem-certificate-has-

• 4 weeks later...
Trianine

Yes.  I had moved on to TrueNAS to seek resolution, but the proposed solutions don't appear to work, and I can't make sense of them. (Being asked to shell into a jail and modify content outside of the jail.)  When I asked for help about this specific (to me, I assume)  problem I got zero replies. Frankly, if I wasn't so busy right now, I would have abandoned FreeNAS completely, weeks ago. 

https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/read-only-filesystem-error-when-updating-certificates.96752/

Trianine

Without any clear resolution to this, I will be attempting to rebuild my library on OpenMediaVault, unless there is a better recommendation for a media server. It'll be a week or two of transferring backups, but at least I'll have a local collection again.  

Trianine

1. Emby believes I am up to date at 4.6.4.0
2. After updating dependencies and installing the latest "https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.7.0/emby-server-freebsd12_4.6.7.0_amd64.pkg" and restarting, (or failing to restart) Emby reverts back to 4.6.4.0.  I don't ever see it move to 4.6.7.0.

I tried to capture the message at restart, but the TrueNAS GUI isn't copying the same messages it displays.  it complains twice that the daemon process is running and fails to start emby server. 

14 hours ago, Trianine said:

1. Emby believes I am up to date at 4.6.4.0
2. After updating dependencies and installing the latest "https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.7.0/emby-server-freebsd12_4.6.7.0_amd64.pkg" and restarting, (or failing to restart) Emby reverts back to 4.6.4.0.  I don't ever see it move to 4.6.7.0.

I tried to capture the message at restart, but the TrueNAS GUI isn't copying the same messages it displays.  it complains twice that the daemon process is running and fails to start emby server. 

How exactly did you try to install it?

Trianine

Yes, several times.  I cannot perform the install without first installing the dependencies.  As stated, the changes don't seem to take.

Edited by Trianine

• Solution
FrogMaster

I ran into this Metadata issue as well on my TrueNAS plugin install. You can update the TrueNAS Emby plugin to the latest beta version, in addition with a couple of adjustments you'll fix the CERT issues. 

Take a look at my post here which has detailed instructions on resolving the Metadata issues. 

I will mention that I encountered some issues when I updated to a version of Emby that had the Tesseract dependency, from a version that did not originally have that dependency. If you encounter playback issues when you update It may be valuable to create a secondary jail in TrueNAS then follow the FreeBSD 12 install instructions for Emby manually. 

I've had my TrueNAS install for quite some time, though when it comes to updating Emby it is always a coin toss on whether it will go smoothly or not. If you encounter any problems feel free to shoot me a message and I will do my best to offer you hand. 

Edited by FrogMaster

Trianine

It did.... something.  I still cannot update metadata and still cannot play from the TV or Roku.  However, I do now get results when attempting to identify media.  The media still does not update, unfortunately.  

Still, this is progress!

Checking the logs I am seeing a few new issues.  Unauthorized access, Tesseract (which I needed to install for the update), ffmpeg cancellation tokens. 

embyserver12-10-21.txt

Trianine

Spouse is using TV right now so I can't check playback, but after redoing the ACL settings, the metadata is now populating.  I will check back, but I think I'll be marking FrogMaster's advice as the solution.