[Possible Bug] Can not invite users

schmitty
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

schmitty

Hello,

I can no longer invite users, when I click add user Emby Server does not bring up the dialog to Add Local User or Invite with Emby Connect. Has Emby Connect or inviting been removed again?

Hi, it's all consolidated into the one screen to add a new user rather than having to make that choice before hand.

schmitty

Ah ok. There must be a problem then. I have tried to enter an email address in the Connect Account field to invite someone, but it shows the error about a non existent account and to contact support.

GrimReaper
10 minutes ago, schmitty said:

Ah ok. There must be a problem then. I have tried to enter an email address in the Connect Account field to invite someone, but it shows the error about a non existent account and to contact support.

The email address you are sending invite to must be linked to an existing Connect account (must be created in advance). 

schmitty

Has, that changed? I thought in the past if an email address wasn't registered, it would send an email with instructions to create an Emby Connect account.

Yes, but it has been a few years now since the change.

9 hours ago, schmitty said:

Has, that changed? I thought in the past if an email address wasn't registered, it would send an email with instructions to create an Emby Connect account.

• Solution

Yea, that article has been around for a long time.  It's got a touch of "Bazinga!" in it. LOL

I'm not going to try and update it but just replace it in the next couple of days.

• Thanks 2

schmitty

Thanks all! I did actually look at the KB article, which is why I asked. 👌

Edited by schmitty
fixed a typo

schmitty
3 hours ago, cayars said:

Yea, that article has been around for a long time.  It's got a touch of "Bazinga!" in it. LOL

I'm not going to try and update it but just replace it in the next couple of days.

Can you post the link in this thread and update the solution when it's done?

Edited by schmitty
removed a double statement