Conversion from Collections XML to NFO format to capture <set> tag

swagardson
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

swagardson
On 11/10/2021 at 7:11 AM, Luke said:

It looks like your connection to MovieDb is timing out. Typical causes of this are firewall, security software, or VPN. Can you please look into that? Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed response. I've been out of town.

I double-checked the connection to be working, and it looks like it is updating (based off of last modification time), but just not anything regarding the set information.

On 11/10/2021 at 10:25 AM, cayars said:

Try turning off DLNA in Emby menu.

Thanks for the suggestion. Oddly enough the error stopped beforehand, but I turned it off anyways since I don't use that feature.

• Like 1

swagardson

To clarify further on the above, the set information (main issue of the thread) is still an issue. All of the connections are fine, however.

Happy2Play

And if you Refresh the metadata on two items that belong to a Collection the item nfo is updated with the <set> node correct?

If you manually create a Collection is the <set> node added to item nfo files?

swagardson
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

And if you Refresh the metadata on two items that belong to a Collection the item nfo is updated with the <set> node correct?

If you manually create a Collection is the <set> node added to item nfo files?

Nope, it does not update as expected in either scenario.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, swagardson said:

Nope, it does not update as expected in either scenario.

Can you please post or PM a server log for that scenario.

swagardson
33 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Can you please post or PM a server log for that scenario.

Done. Steps were as followed starting from 1:05 AM UTC

1. Refresh metadata for Shrek 2 inside Shrek Collection (it will show a <set> for this, but it is not the same collection)
2. Refresh metadata for Shrek 2 inside Dreamworks Collection
3. Add 13 Going on 30 and Anastasia to TEST COLLECTION
4. Refresh metadata for both movies in TEST COLLECTION

The log just cycled, so it's small, but it should contain everything.

embyserver.txt

• Solution
Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, swagardson said:

Done. Steps were as followed starting from 1:05 AM UTC

1. Refresh metadata for Shrek 2 inside Shrek Collection (it will show a <set> for this, but it is not the same collection)
2. Refresh metadata for Shrek 2 inside Dreamworks Collection
3. Add 13 Going on 30 and Anastasia to TEST COLLECTION
4. Refresh metadata for both movies in TEST COLLECTION

The log just cycled, so it's small, but it should contain everything.

embyserver.txt 177.23 kB · 0 downloads

Sorry but none of this applies to 4.5.3.0 as it used the legacy Collections.xml item.

The item <set> node was introduced in 4.6 and will only write the <set> node to items in 4.6+.

So in 4.6+ all items need to have the <set> node to auto create collection.  The update from 4.5 to 4.6 should migrate this but some have had to Refresh their library for Emby to write this new node to items.

swagardson

I am going to attempt this upgrade to 4.6.5 and see if it will automatically update the <set> tags in my already-created collections by manually triggering a refresh.

I will report back in a couple minutes with a breakdown.

swagardson

All right. I upgraded to 4.6.5 from 4.5.3 and saw resounding success of the NFO files updating automatically under these circumstances:

- The moment you upgrade immediately refresh metadata (via the Emby admin console) for all libraries where you have collections
- Do not upgrade from 4.5 to 4.7 (in beta) directly, as this is what I think originally caused my issue

15 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Might want to take a looks at this plugin also.

I would be interested, but I don't think I really have an issue with this. Thanks for the recommendation, though.

That being said, everything is correct now, and the problem is resolved.

I think the main thing I've learned here is to thoroughly read the release notes and only upgrade one minor version at a time.

Happy2Play

Glad we were able to resolve your issue.

Yes there really isn't any testing skipping major releases so yes I could see that being a issue.

Just for confirmation @Lukejumping from 4.5 to 4.7 (skipping versions) would not have the same migration process as 4.5 to 4.6 (next version updating), correct?

Edited by Happy2Play
added question

swagardson

So just to clarify, it's not listed as a minor release when 4.X changes? I'm used to semantic versioning, wherein it's major.minor.patch. 

What is the first number in this case?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, swagardson said:

What is the first number in this case?

I believe this change was introduced in 4.6.0.50, but the migration would happen in any update from 4.5+ to 4.6+, but dev would have to comnirm.

Just for confirmation @Lukejumping from 4.5 to 4.7 (skipping versions)

Usually skipping one or two is OK, but as time goes on, it just becomes harder for us to go back and retest all of these different upgrade paths, and that's when you'll be more likely to run into issues.