emby Logo in Samsung SmartHub not fitting anymore

hgewald

Hello,

not a big issue, but for the last two or three versions, the emby logo on the Samsung SmartHub does not fit anymore...

See the screenshot attached...

Can you set this back?

Cheers

H.

P.S. this is the new Version 1.1.06

emby.jpg

Edited by hgewald
problem with screenshot

14 hours ago, hgewald said:

not a big issue, but for the last two or three versions, the emby logo on the Samsung SmartHub does not fit anymore...

Can you please confirm your TV model?

I'm assuming this is the USB install? Have you always used the USB install or did you switch from the store version to the USB install?

Hello all,

it is a Samsung UE55JU6050 (2016).

Yes, it was a USB install. As it is the European version there is no other way :)

I did not update the Tizen app for a very looooong time as it was running perfectly.

Some weeks ago I  had an issue with another (unknown) app i the Samsung SmartHub so i needed to delete all apps (which solved this problem).

Then I re-installed the emby app (I think it was 1.1.04 or 05) and since then the logo looks as on the screenshot I posted.

Yesterday I updated to 1.1.06 and the graphical error persists.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further infos.

Thanks

H.

Edited by hgewald
typo
  • Thanks 1

Yes, apprently I bought the 2015 model in 2016 :)

It runs the most current Sasmung Firmware (1570).

But I was not able to find (thus confirm) the Tizen version installed on the TV.

Did you previously run the store version?  The store version supports several different icon sizes and aspect ratios, but the USB install method only supports one size so I expect this is why you are seeing the problem.

To the best of my knowledge the store version is still not available in Europe...

So no, I only used the USB install.

Edited by hgewald
typo

I don't know why it is appearing like this.  The issue is that the old 2015 platform needs a square icon vs rectangle on all the later platforms.  We can only specify one icon file in the USB image and nothing has changed in the app to affect this.  Maybe a firmware update changed how this is displayed on your model?

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if this resolves it.  

On 11/7/2021 at 11:27 AM, SamES said:

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if this resolves it.  

I did and it has absolutely no effect.

The Logo looks exactly the same in the SmartHub...

On 06/11/2021 at 21:12, hgewald said:

I did not update the Tizen app for a very looooong time as it was running perfectly.

Could you take a guess at how old this was previously?  I assume you don't remember what version it was.

Could be years...

I installed the app and it was running smoothely. I was not even aware of any updates.

My wild guess would be around 4 years?

Ok, then it is possible that something changed since that time. I’ll have a look, but I don’t think we going to have many options to fix this in the usb version. 

FrostByte
12 hours ago, hgewald said:

Could be years...

I installed the app and it was running smoothely. I was not even aware of any updates.

My wild guess would be around 4 years?

The really old versions didn't inform you there was an update, but newer versions will

8 hours ago, FrostByte said:

The really old versions didn't inform you there was an update, but newer versions will

I see that already.

12 hours ago, SamES said:

Ok, then it is possible that something changed since that time. I’ll have a look, but I don’t think we going to have many options to fix this in the usb version. 

That would be nice.

Its not killing me, but it looks really ugly...

Up until Feb/2019 it looked like this

image.png.8d29e57c2e6551bf363e3fcf0853eaeb.png

Then it changed to the current 16:9 format logo when the USB beta install was introduced as that is the required ratio for 2016+ models

While we could go back to that, it wouldn't look very good on most TV's (newer than 2015), so I expect we will have to stay with the current image

App Icons and ScreenshotsApp IconApp Screenshot | Samsung Developers

• Like 1