HI everyone,About character renaming refresh metadata

Joechung
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Joechung
On 2021/11/5 at PM11点52分, Joechung said:

对于手动更改角色名称并刷新元数据,名称仍然无法恢复。如何将角色名称恢复为与原始 TMDB 数据相同?
我尝试了多次手动识别和元数据刷新和覆盖,但无法恢复到TMDB的原始状态。

有没有办法恢复原来的名字?因为修改了很多人名,想把所有修改过的人物名恢复到TMDB的原始状态,所以想找个办法恢复人物名。
期待你的答复。谢谢

image.png.06c642b69b66d8fad1f7d19f2b6dd640.pngimage.png.beb66a73c884a3e268753947f6c67664.png

I said this problem, I wonder if there is a solution? Or is it currently in an unresolvable state?
Because I have manually changed the name of the character before, I want to find a way to restore the original character name.

OK, so the system let you make a mess, and now you need help climbing out of that mess.

Did you try just renaming him back?

Joechung

In fact, my system is currently normal. The problem I said should exist for everyone. For example, if you manually change the character name and then try to select to identify/refresh the metadata, the character name cannot be restored. At present, the name can only be changed back after manually rename it. This may also be the only way.
I know this naming may not be important, I just want to see if there is any other way to refresh and restore the name all at once.

Edited by Joechung

Because when you edit the name, the name field gets locked, so then you need to unlock it first. This applies to anything, such as renaming a movie.

Joechung
On 11/6/2021 at 12:04 AM, Joechung said:

HI Hello, I have noticed the lock you mentioned, but I chose to unlock all of them, which means I refreshed the character metadata without locking, but unfortunately the character name has not changed.
Now no matter if I choose to refresh the metadata coverage or manually identify the person's name, the person's name cannot be changed, unless I manually change the person's name metadata.

So I want to find a way to refresh and restore the character's name.

image.thumb.png.451048da3dc81ad1d55a6e86d9ca44a4.png

I have noticed this statement you said, but it seems to be different from the movie naming. As long as the movie is unlocked to refresh the metadata, it will automatically restore the original movie name, but this method does not take effect when used on the character. After the name is renamed, if you choose to unlock and then use the recognition or metadata refresh, the original name will not be restored. I hope you can test this situation.

• Solution

Due to person-media relationships being driven largely by name, the system has a safeguard that won't allow metadata refreshes to change the name of a person.

That's why the metadata refresh doesn't change the name, so you'll need to fix it up manually.

Joechung
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Due to person-media relationships being driven largely by name, the system has a safeguard that won't allow metadata refreshes to change the name of a person.

That's why the metadata refresh doesn't change the name, so you'll need to fix it up manually.

Thank you for your explanation, then I understand.