Please fix Movie library image size inconsistencies.

fxmoonlight

fxmoonlight

I'm starting to use Emby to watch my movies and concerts DVD and BD rips, but I'm a having a inconsistence with the images showed in the Movie section. If I use Primary as options to show covers it's messy... If I set a bluray cover size It works fine in Android TV, but it shrinks in the App and the Web... If a set a CD cover size it works fine in App and the Web but it stretch in Android TV...

I find pretty awful that the default option for a image is to adapt to the space to render (shrinks/strech) instead of just resizing without changing the image aspect ratio.... Not all movies uses the same covers, DVD, BD and VCD have diferents sizes.

• Agree 1

MBSki

Agree. The apps your referencing are 2 completely different apps, managed by 2 different devs. They're trying to slowly improve consistency across the apps, but it takes some time.

@ebr @Luke Can you make adjustments to the images in your apps to address the issues mentioned above? 

4 hours ago, fxmoonlight said:

I find pretty awful that the default option for a image is to adapt to the space to render (shrinks/strech) instead of just resizing without changing the image aspect ratio.... Not all movies uses the same covers, DVD, BD and VCD have diferents sizes.

Hi.  While physical media is this way, the artwork provided by most of our providers is consistent so this isn't an issue in most cases.

The problem with attempting to show all the different shapes in a single presentation is that often looks quite bad.  So we try to normalize to the most common or expected shape based on content and image type.

Can you please show some screen shots of what you are finding to be a problem?

Thanks.

• Like 1