Problem installing emby samsung k series

romanito

romanito

I have problems installing the new version of emby, so far I have not had problems always following the instructions.

My problem is the following, when connecting the usb, the television recognizes it and begins with the installation, the problem is that it never installs it, today I spent all day waiting and it simply did not install.

Anyone know what can it be?

I already tried turning off the TV. Disconnecting power until factory reset and nothing.

Sorry for my bad inglish

romanito
Hace 6 minutos, Luke dijo:

Hola, ¿dice que está comenzando la instalación? ¿Y luego qué?

Hi Luke, just nothing happens, no other message appears and the application does not appear installed.

FrostByte
5 minutes ago, romanito said:

The model number is: UN49MU6300

That's a M series (2017).

Did you try deleting the old version first before plugging the USB in?

Can you give us the exact messages that you see?  Please post pictures of what's on the screen

20 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Make sure you going into the full Apps list on the TV and uninstall it from there then try the USB install again.

romanito
On 11/5/2021 at 10:04 AM, FrostByte said:

That's a M series (2017).

Can you give us the exact messages that you see?  Please post pictures of what's on the screen

I already uninstalled the application, I always do it before updating.

The messages that appear are:

1.-The one that the usb recognizes
2.-Installing the emby application

After that nothing else appears. It does not tell me that it was installed or appears in the applications.

11 hours ago, SamES said:

Make sure you going into the full Apps list on the TV and uninstall it from there then try the USB install again.

13 hours ago, romanito said:

Just to be really clear, you can remove it from the menu on the ribbon at the bottom of the screen, but that does not uninstall it, it just removes it from the ribbon.  You need to uninstall it Apps to really remove it (then it's a good idea to remove power and restart the TV to be sure before installing again)

I only mention this again as your problem sounds exactly like what happens if an existing app is installed and it can't install over the top. 

If you have definitely done this and tried a new USB with a fresh download, then your only other choice is to reset the SmartHub.  Unfortunately this will require you to reinstall all your apps and login to them again which can be annoying if you have many installed, so this is really an option of last resort.  I have seen more than one case where this is the only way to fix it if you have tried everything else.  I think the reason this becomes necessary is that for some reason the app did not fully uninstall and it has left some evidence behind which causes a problem when installing again.

• Like 1

romanito
On 11/7/2021 at 8:10 AM, SamES said:

Just to be really clear, you can remove it from the menu on the ribbon at the bottom of the screen, but that does not uninstall it, it just removes it from the ribbon.  You need to uninstall it Apps to really remove it (then it's a good idea to remove power and restart the TV to be sure before installing again)

I only mention this again as your problem sounds exactly like what happens if an existing app is installed and it can't install over the top. 

If you have definitely done this and tried a new USB with a fresh download, then your only other choice is to reset the SmartHub.  Unfortunately this will require you to reinstall all your apps and login to them again which can be annoying if you have many installed, so this is really an option of last resort.  I have seen more than one case where this is the only way to fix it if you have tried everything else.  I think the reason this becomes necessary is that for some reason the app did not fully uninstall and it has left some evidence behind which causes a problem when installing again.

I was able to fix it, I had to reset the complete TV from the factory, a bit tedious but it worked perfect.

Thank you all for the help ❤️

• Like 2