Play TV program from search results

justinrh
Go to solution Solved by MBSki,

justinrh

I can search and find TV programs that I want to watch (if on now), but when I click the program to open the detail page, there is no ability to play.  Ideally, it should have the same UI as if I were to open it from the TV guide.

Edited by justinrh

• Solution
MBSki

Do you have an example? And which client are you using? I see pretty much the same UI whether in guide or from search in the Web App. This is from a search I did for Jeopardy. I had to click the episode though to be able to play it, since Emby opens the series from search rather than the specific episode.

image.png.7bd7bd4fc958267e0de72f107947fd8f.png

justinrh

Oh, hold on.  I was too focused at the top of the page.  I see now that you can select an item below and then play.  I was expecting a play button for the main image, just like there is a record series button.  The UI you show is not directly from the search results, but from the second click as indicated below.  Thanks.

image.png.8a68e5f02d4adac5c668d5674526cd3d.png

Edited by justinrh

MBSki

Yea, it kind of throws you off. It would be nice if there was a better way to refer users to the playable items, but I can't think of any other way to display it.

If that tv show is currently playing then yes I agree it would be nice to be able to just click play there without the extra click.

• Agree 2