emby update

style2k

my emby says there is an update and that i should update through the nas . 
i have an 1515+ and my emby version is 4.4.3.0 it says version 4.6.4.0 is available . but my nas dont find an update . also if i go the the repostiroty link  https://synology.emby.media/ i come on a wierd site . is the repository location changed ? on the nas it is set on automatic update but i am still on that old version.

FrostByte

Yes, the repository hasn't been used in a long time now.

You should be able to see the stable version of Emby in the Synology store now.  Go to Package Center and search for "Emby"

Or, if you prefer to install manually you can download the appropriate spk from the following link

Download Emby - Emby

image.png.60beee63c6b32be26ff63ceed4596460.png

no it not there . when i search i only find jellyfin. but i only wanna upgrade . so from synology i cant or what ???

FightingIrish

you need to download your version from the emby site not the synology site.  then you do a manual install as shown below.

image.thumb.png.b05341b72a3476e34ac4c9814dcde6a2.png

FrostByte

Okay, if you're still on DSM6 then you will need to use the spk from the link in my post and manually install like shown in mdean1980's pic.  I forgot to mention the store only has installs for DSM7 right now

I would update on DSM 6 first using the download from our website to bring the Server up to 4.6.4.

Then if you want do the DSM 7 update and migration for Emby.

when i install manualy is it not newly installed ? i mean wil i lose my settings and info so does it upgrade the emby aplication? or does it do a fresh install then ?

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, style2k said:

when i install manualy is it not newly installed ? i mean wil i lose my settings and info so does it upgrade the emby aplication? or does it do a fresh install then ?

From a existing installation standpoint no previous settings will be lost when doing a reinstall per the package as it is only replacing the system folder.

But as mentioned above the change from DSM 6 to DSM 7 will require some manual work per the instructions.