Can only play one stream at a time with live tv.

FightingIrish

FightingIrish

Hi,

I'm currently running Emby server release 4.6.4 on my synology DS118 running DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 2 and using the firetv app version 2.0.48a.  Everything was working great up to the point when I upgraded Emby to 4.6.4 and at the same time changed my IPTV provider.  The issue I am having is that when I'm running one stream from my IPTV provider all is well however, when I start a second stream from another firetv stick the first stream will stop.  If I start the first stream up again, the second stream will stop working.  Only one stream can play at a time.  In order to see if my IPTV provider was not giving me the 5 connections I signed up for, I played one stream on the firetv stick via emby and another using their app bypassing emby and both streams worked fine.  It seems to be an emby issue.  I'll attach the log files for both firetv devices.  The Living Room FireTV is the first stream that will stop after Mark's FireTV stream starts.

BTW - My synology NAS just updated the ffmpeg application but this problem was occurring prior to that.

Quick update:  this also happens when using web browser so not a firetv app issue.

embyserver (4).txt ffmpeg-directstream-2ce4fb36-8de7-495f-85b2-c619a4b449d5_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-d1083dd1-45cc-48b9-9851-4419e2a0263c_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-3ba4edb7-e619-40b7-8ecc-9ba7adae36e7_1.txt

Edited by mdean1980

First thing I would do is check your setup in the tuner section and make sure the number of streams is set to 0 or 5.
Can you check that and let us know if this was the issue or not.

FightingIrish

it is 0.  I also tried 5 just in case but same issue.  I never changed the server config just upgraded to the latest version when this all started.

Took a quick look at your logs but didn't see anything that stood out to me.
Judging by the channels played we are both in the same broadcast market. :)

I'd like to do a remote support session with you if possible to get a look at this if possible.
Is this something we can do?

Absolutely tomorrow will work.
I'm in SJ as well. (Bridgeton)

Send me a PM when you're available.

Edited by cayars

FightingIrish

Hey Cayars - I just wanted to let you know that my issue was due to me using the URL they sent me when I should have been using a different one due to the fact that I was using a 3rd party APK.  My provided didn't know and I actually found out myself.

Thanks again for your help!

• Like 1

FightingIrish

Thanks guys!

I do have one follow up question if you don't mind.

The provider is sending me the playlist without appending the extension to the stream as show below.

http://iptvprovider.com:80/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXX/34126

VLC is able to play the streams just fine but Emby doesn't like not having a m3u8 or ts extension.  I've gotten around this by modifying the playlist myself but is there anything that can be done in Emby to make this work?

Thanks in advanced!

2 hours ago, FightingIrish said:

Thanks guys!

I do have one follow up question if you don't mind.

The provider is sending me the playlist without appending the extension to the stream as show below.

http://iptvprovider.com:80/XXXXXXXX/XXXXXXX/34126

VLC is able to play the streams just fine but Emby doesn't like not having a m3u8 or ts extension.  I've gotten around this by modifying the playlist myself but is there anything that can be done in Emby to make this work?

Thanks in advanced!

Let's look at an example:

Thanks.

• If you saw error messages, please tell us what they were. If the problem is difficult to explain, please include screenshots that demonstrate the issue.
  • Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. When you attach the log, please also discuss what actions you took, and what the results were.