Android App - Darkness / Blackness issue

Pwpw211112

Pwpw211112

When watching videos via the emby app. It seems to darken the video for an unknown reason. Please see attached video this is a comparison with Kodi to show expected video brightness, When switching to emby you can visually see the brightness being darkened when you enter the app

Pwpw211112
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi, I guess the question is, is it being darkened, or is Kodi actually brightening it?

More than definitely being darkened, From the video you can see when I open emby the picture is bright then it darkens. I have also tested on many other video apps eg. VLC, Samsung's own video in player and they all show the video clear without any darkness. 

I've been doing testing with Emby and coming from plex I'm seeing a similar issue on the Nvidia shield.  For some reason the Emby playback of the same non HDR file looks worse, it seems to be more color related than brightness though.  When you then watch an HDR film thats been converted to SDR it really shows the issue.  A movie like ready player one pretty dramatically shows the issue.

• 4 months later...