Restoration problem

Cadkey

After restarting my Synology, I no longer had a library showing in Emby.
I started a restore with plugin emby restore backup.
I have several problems.
I have to re-enter my password.
The database is rescanned and the films and series do not appear in the order of addition, the order of addition is not correct.
User histories are lost.
Basically, the restoration rebuilds everything but anyhow.

GrimReaper
11 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

I started a restore with plugin emby restore backup.
I have several problems.
I have to re-enter my password.

Passwords are not retained in Server Configuration Backup plugin, you'll have to re-enter those for all users. 

11 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

The database is rescanned and the films and series do not appear in the order of addition, the order of addition is not correct.

Backup plugin only restores library definitions, not contents. In order to preserve metadata/artwork, you need to opt to save NFOs/Images within media folders. Date added depends on your selection in Library>Advanced: Date scanned into library or File creation date. Since you had a new scan - that one was likely used as a date. 

14 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

User histories are lost.

That should not be, as Watched states, Favorites and stuff should get preserved/restored.

Ok thank you.
I don't store metadata because my libraries are on a Gdrive. The scan starts automatically, I didn't ask for it. In advanced libraries, I had 'by date added' I just checked

It gives me the date of addition, the date it scans :(
Since it scans on its own, the add dates are never respected? how to recover a backup without the server scanning?
When I created my emby server, I had the media files in Gdrive, and it did create the libraries for me with the dates of my media additions to my Gdrive I had Plex before and the order was correct).
There he does not.

Edited by Cadkey

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

I don't store metadata because my libraries are on a Gdrive.

4 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

It gives me the date of addition, the date it scans :(

In that case you should've made a copy of your complete \programdata folder, I'm afraid that change is now irreversible, with rescan already been undertaken. 

@Happy2Play

You can alternatively change Date added to File creation date and re-add, it might not be exactly as previously but at least you might make some sense of it. 

But during the initial installation of my Emby server, all the dates were correct, it had taken the add dates in Gdrive. And not the date of the scans
As it rebuilds, the history gradually appears. That's good

Edited by Cadkey

GrimReaper
8 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

But during the initial installation of my Emby server, all the dates were correct, it had taken the add dates in Gdrive. And not the date of the scans

Then likely you had File creation date selection in your original instance. 

I do not know. the order was correct at the first installation, and there, the date of last addition corresponds to the alphabetical order.
Already I do not understand that all has been lost. I had no other solution than to do a restoration.
I'm disappointed.

On Plex when we restore the database, everything is recovered identically. There is no nfo to save or not with the media files.
These are nfo files, if they are not in the libraries, Emby necessarily saves them somewhere.
It is not normal that the backup does not keep them, or that the restore does not recover them.

emby no longer remembers my password.
This causes a lot of problems during a backup restore.
If every time my server goes down I get this shit I can't use emby.
And in users all users are doubled, I see everyone twice :(

Edited by Cadkey

3 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

You can alternatively change Date added to File creation date and re-add, it might not be exactly as previously but at least you might make some sense of it. 

It doesn't work, I always have the order that matches the alphabetical order, whatever I do.

How to remove all metadata?
Because now, when I take a backup, it keeps the metas data it already has and does not update.
Whereas when I had the problem, It ignored and overwrote all the metadata presented.

GrimReaper
31 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

How to remove all metadata?
Because now, when I take a backup, it keeps the metas data it already has and does not update. 

Whereas when I had the problem, It ignored and overwrote all the metadata presented.

It was re-add, not re-scan, meaning you have to remove library and scan to flush the db and then add it again and wait for scan to finish. 

I can hardly follow the steps you've taken and under which conditions. One thing you should note that all original data (including those Added dates) you had is irrevocably lost and made void by subsequent scan, as you've effectively removed all those items from the db and recreated them as new. 

Best advice I can give you is wipe all and start anew, as at this point it doesn't make any difference. 

Ok thank you.
I thought I could do it again without having to reconfigure the libraries. But I think I have to go through the library setup screens one by one.

GrimReaper
Just now, Cadkey said:

Ok thank you.
I thought I could do it again without having to reconfigure the libraries. But I think I have to go through the library setup screens one by one.

You shouldn't, Backup Plugin will restore your settings. But it's contents you need to wipe so they can get fresh metadata (hence delete library), Date added according your settings in Library>Advanced should be one of those. 

So I delete my 6 libraries from Emby, and I take a full backup by putting 'by date added' and it should take 'by date added'?

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Cadkey said:

So I delete my 6 libraries from Emby, and I take a full backup by putting 'by date added' and it should take 'by date added'?

I would test it on one first, to confirm you'll get desired results. And I'm confused, I thought you want Date added to be File creation date? Else you'll get same result as you have currently? 

3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

I would test it on one first, to confirm you'll get desired results

I don't see where I can test that on a library. the plugin does not offer me a choice of one or all of the libraries.
I still have the problem with my password which I have to enter each time. The other user passwords are retained in the interface, but mine never since it was bugged.

in home, latest movies, latest series, order is good, new added first.
but in library, 'sort by latest episodeadded', don't works. always from A to Z :( 
I do not understand anything anymore

I believe it works.
The analysis will be long but what I see so far seems to finally correspond.
It's gonna take all night I think.
thank you very much for your help @GrimReaper

Edited by Cadkey

GrimReaper
34 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

I don't see where I can test that on a library. the plugin does not offer me a choice of one or all of the libraries.

Just remove a single library and then restore Libraries from backup, only that one will be recreated.

31 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

I do not understand anything anymore

LOL, I've lost you halfway-through, as stated:

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

I can hardly follow the steps you've taken and under which conditions.

24 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

I believe it works.
The analysis will be long but what I see so far seems to finally correspond.
It's gonna take all night I think.

Glad we got you sorted. Yeah, it'll take some time to rescrape everything. 

24 minutes ago, Cadkey said:

thank you very much for your help @GrimReaper

Yw. 

I do not save the nfo in the libraries folder. You told me to make a backup of my nfo. Do you know where they are stored, because I will be doing a script to save them every week. This kind of problem is very painful, and it takes a long time to rebuild.
I have a synology server
Thanks

GrimReaper
Just now, Cadkey said:

I do not save the nfo in the libraries folder. You told me to make a backup of my nfo. Do you know where they are stored, because I will be doing a script to save them every week. This kind of problem is very painful, and it takes a long time to rebuild.
I have a synology server
Thanks

There are no NFOs if you don't store them with media, it's db only then. You should backup complete Programdata folder, should be in:

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var

@cayars might confirm on that, don't use DSM. 

Either /var/packages/EmbyServer or /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer which are one and the same place.
image.png.a8a60cd494209c4c7da70e2bda818964.png
Not shown above is the config folder.  The config and metadata folders are probably the two main ones to backup.

• Thanks 1