Can not Seek on proxy connection

Bushtrocity

Bushtrocity

Im having a strange issue that i just cant seem to figure out. I can seek just fine locally but connecting to the server through a proxy/tunnel it wont let me seek. Every time i try to seek forword to where i left off it just keep resetting. I have to go through a proxy/tunnel because im on a GCNAT and cant do port forwarding. Any advise is welcome.

Bushtrocity

ok. I have it setup and working. I can watch movies just fine. The only issue is I cant seek forward to where I left off. I will read through the other topics though maybe I missed a setting or config I need to set/add.

Edited by Bushtrocity

Yes it's probably related to the cloudfare caching option which has had a lot of discussion recently.

Bushtrocity

Ok I found the fix. I will post it here just incase. 

Cloudflre changed how they cache video files, so Emby users that use Cloudflare now need to add a rule like below to make sure video is seekable and or playable.

The below needs to be added to the rules tab on the cloudflare site where your domain is managed.

Here is the text so you can copy and paste. You just need to change yourdomian for yours.
*yourdomain.com/*videos/*/*
*yourdomain.com/*Items/*/Images/*

image.png.af1f00331b49ae634ed71ac4d9d1f45b.png.7215d1c8f5354e06b50705013112d7e7.png

Edited by Bushtrocity
  • Like 1

Hi, funny that I read this as I just got done setting up a Cloudflare tunnel for someone in Kuwait and have this working quite well.

You do need an additional rule added and need to switch the order of your rules.

Use your domain instead of "domain.com" but this is what you want setup:

domain.com/*videos/*/*
Cache Level: Bypass

domain.com/*/item/*/images/*
Cache Level: Cache Everything, Edge Cache TTL: a month

domain.com/*
Edge Cache TTL: a month

PS did you setup your tunnel as a service so you don't have to start it manually?
What OS are you running the tunnel on?

Edited by cayars