Forgot Password is not working on local network.

BlazinPaddlz

BlazinPaddlz

I have an Ubuntu server running the emby server docker container. Just spun it up yesterday. My password worked no problem.

Today, I tried to log in through firefox on another linux machine, and my password doesn't seem to be working. So I decided to try resetting my admin/user account password by clicking the "Forgot Password" button. When I clicked the button, it prompts me for a username. When I type the username and then hit "Submit", nothing at all seems to happen.

What can I do to troubleshoot this further so I can get access to my media server again?

I don't know if it is still the same, but when resetting admin user PW it creates a file on your server (docker in this case), so if it is still handled that way, can you exec into the container and see if there is a reset file there.

Lost PW Docker

BlazinPaddlz

Thanks for the helpful link! I should be able to exec into it, but I attempted to restart it and ever since it's been in a loop restarting. I may try to rebuild it, but I will probably lose all of my settings, won't I?

Depends how you set it up, did you add persistant volumes for config location, if no then yes it will delete all data,

If you did state a persistant volume, then rebuilding the docker should not affect the data as long as you don't remove the volume, however chances are whatever is causing the issue is likely to still be present, but it would confirm or deny if you need to nuke the whole lot and start from scratch.

Can you get the logs from the container to see whatthe issue is, if you have portainer you can view the logs live, if you are using portainer you can exec in there also but only if it comes up

Edited by CassTG

BlazinPaddlz

I don't have portainer. this is on an Ubuntu server installation so I need to use the cli. I tried removing the container and the image, then pulling the latest images and rebuilding. However, the restart loop continues.

I think I've found what may be a problem in my docker-compose.yaml file. I copy pasted it and one of the volumes lines is /path/to/programdata:/config # Configuration directory

I imagine that it would work better if that were an actual path on my server. Where exactly would I find programdata on Ubuntu server?

BlazinPaddlz

Turns out that is an actual path on my server. And there's a passwordreset.txt file in there. But it is blank. Is there something specific I need to do with this file?

No, it obviously did not work correctly, i don't know whats meant to be in it as i have not had a reason to use it.

If your Docker is up again try the reset in Chrome or Edge, i did read posts where people had no response when using FireFox

In the link i posted it was placed in root of the docker container, what was the patch you found it in, was it in /var/lib/docker/volumes/your_emby_volume

Edited by CassTG

BlazinPaddlz

It appears the restart loop is due to an error caused by lack of space on my boot drive, which I never intended to use to store these things. I'm not sure how I'm going to fix it, but I think I've at least found the issue.

14 minutes ago, BlazinPaddlz said:

It appears the restart loop is due to an error caused by lack of space on my boot drive, which I never intended to use to store these things. I'm not sure how I'm going to fix it, but I think I've at least found the issue.

So you installed docker on a drive to small or your placed the volumes on a drive to small?

If you have another drive attached just copy the emby volume to it (the path you mapped) then when you set up docker again map that path to the emby docker, or move the volume back to your docker volumes path.

BlazinPaddlz

I’m not certain which is the problem. I have already moved the emby config folder and files, and tried modifying my docker_compose.yaml file to reflect the new path. So at this point I believe that either it’s an issue with where docker is installed, or an issue with my drive mounting. 

BlazinPaddlz

As far as I can tell, I've solved part of my problem. The space on the boot drive in / is no longer being takenm up by the mount in /mnt/md0/

What I did to fix that was run blkid and edit my /etc/fstab to use the appropriate filesystem (apparently it was xfs and not ext4, not sure when, how, or why I did that)

The I ran sudo mount -a

Then I rebooted for good measure.

The issue I have now is that both my single drive and my raid0 are both inside of themselves what seems to be recursively forever, but still have the directories and folders I expect to have in them. So now I have

/mnt/md0/Movies/

/mnt/md0/md0/

/mnt/md0/Shows/

and I can drill down into md0 and have the same directory structure within it. I'd like to try fixing this before I move forward even though this isn't an issue with emby... but I'm hopeful that won't take me long, and I will post back here when I solve this.

If you or anyone else has any tips, I'd appreciate it.