IOS Unable to download

tongchijun

1 hour ago, tongchijun said:

YES,How to set the save path

We don't have that option in the iOS app. What device are you trying to download to?

Do you have enough space in the phone's internal storage? Are you downloading from your emby server, or someone else's?

tongchijun
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Do you have enough space in the phone's internal storage? Are you downloading from your emby server, or someone else's?

downloading from my emby server.

uberbane

I'm having the same issue on iOS 15.2 public beta 1 and app version 2.0.10. Ample storage space for the files requested and downloading from my own server

Edited by uberbane

On 10/31/2021 at 11:58 AM, uberbane said:

I'm having the same issue on iOS 15.2 public beta 1 and app version 2.0.10. Ample storage space for the files requested and downloading from my own server

Hi, try visiting the downloads page in the app, then attach the emby server log:

Thanks.

uberbane
On 11/7/2021 at 9:02 AM, Luke said:

Hi, try visiting the downloads page in the app, then attach the emby server log:

Thanks.

Please see the attached log file as requested. I added a file to download to my iPad and relevant entries may start at about 2021-11-09 07:26.

embyserver.txt

uberbane
2 hours ago, Luke said:

What type of SSL certificate are you using?

Here's the certificate information. Let me know if you require any additional information

image.png

image.png

uberbane
24 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you trying to download from inside the local network or outside? Is the Emby app open?

Outside the local network. Trying to directly download files from my seedbox to my iPad. And it makes no difference whether the app is open or not — stick on ready to transfer in both cases.

uberbane
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Did you configure the download option in the app to not restrict downloading to wifi?

Can’t seem to find any settings for this. The iPad is wifi only. I just downloaded a file successfully to my iPhone, but the same file won’t download to my iPad. Settings appear to be the same in the app on both devices.

• 1 month later...
Afterburn47

I also have this problem. I am running iOS 15.2, I am connecting from inside my local network and I have disabled the 'download over Wifi only' option. I have like 56 GB of free space. I can download anything from the web interface and the Windows app. This is only an issue on IOS for me.

uberbane
On 12/20/2021 at 10:42 AM, Luke said:

@uberbane are you still running into this?

On 12/22/2021 at 10:22 AM, Afterburn47 said:

I also have this problem. I am running iOS 15.2, I am connecting from inside my local network and I have disabled the 'download over Wifi only' option. I have like 56 GB of free space. I can download anything from the web interface and the Windows app. This is only an issue on IOS for me.

Yes, still running into this problem. It is exclusively occurring on iPadOS. I haven't had any issues downloading files for offline playback to my iPhone running iOS 15.2 (or now 15.3 beta) nor macOS client running Monterey 12.1.

• 4 weeks later...

I am running into this issue as well for iOS Emby Premiere ,  Emby for IOS 2.1.1 - iPhone IOS 15.2.1 ... click on download for the video, says ready for transfer. but never does. I go to Scheduled tasks to run Transfer Media but it does not download.

On 1/20/2022 at 4:34 PM, jboku said:

click on download for the video, says ready for transfer. but never does. I go to Scheduled tasks to run Transfer Media but it does not download.

I have the same problem. Is there a chance to get the download feature working ? I have Emby Premiere, latest IpadOS, iOS and Docker Version.

Download on Android Device ist working normal.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Im having the same issue,

A few key points from my experience:

• If I instigate the download from the iPad, it appears to download, but to my iPhone!
  • Used to work without issue. No major changes made on my end.
  • Im also unable to select downloads in the Emby menu on the iPad (under devices), it just wont allow me to click / tap on it
  • No issues downloading on the iPhone

Currently 170GB free

Looking forward to any feedback :)

embyserver.txt

mrdrew

I found all sorts of previously transcoded files in my default sync directory. Now I'm on Docker > unRaid NAS, so my paths might be weird, but they were all here:

/mnt/user/appdata/emby/sync/<rando two digit numbers>

I deleted all of that stuff, started a new sync and transcode, and it appears to be working. The app download % status isn't working, but I can see the MBs transferring in Cell Data (iOS cell data settings)

On 3/23/2022 at 2:12 PM, mrdrew said:

I found all sorts of previously transcoded files in my default sync directory. Now I'm on Docker > unRaid NAS, so my paths might be weird, but they were all here:

/mnt/user/appdata/emby/sync/<rando two digit numbers>

I deleted all of that stuff, started a new sync and transcode, and it appears to be working. The app download % status isn't working, but I can see the MBs transferring in Cell Data (iOS cell data settings)

Thanks for the feedback.

On 3/22/2022 at 6:06 PM, mrees said:

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Im having the same issue,

A few key points from my experience:

• If I instigate the download from the iPad, it appears to download, but to my iPhone!
  • Used to work without issue. No major changes made on my end.
  • Im also unable to select downloads in the Emby menu on the iPad (under devices), it just wont allow me to click / tap on it
  • No issues downloading on the iPhone

Currently 170GB free

Looking forward to any feedback :)

embyserver.txt 2.67 MB · 0 downloads

Hi, please try going into the app and opening up the downloads settings screen. Please let us know if that helps kick off downloads. Thanks.