MBC crashing in TV Series

GrotShot
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

GrotShot

This started yesterday. No new TV series or episodes have been added.

When entering my TV series collection or if I manage to enter that on entering a series I get the Mediabrowser 3 has stopped working dialog. I have tried ROC, Chocolate and default themes. I have removed and re-added my TV collection in MBS. I have deleted the library.db. All to no avail.

MBC 3.0.72.0 B9-20.1

MBS: Version 3.0.5031.21343

MBC log is : http://paste2.org/CeC9sJdC

MBS log : http://paste2.org/cjeHfNLF

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edited by GrotShot
  • Like 1

Please find the Windows Event log errors from the crash.  Details are in the how to report a problem post.

Did you follow the instructions here?  If you got a "not responding" error, it would have logged something in the event log.  Sometimes, it will mark it as only informational though.  Look for anything that occurs at the same time you get this error.

GrotShot

I did and I am aware of how to use Event Viewer There are no entries in the Application or Windows logs for the time of the Stopped Responding message I receive when attempting to enter my TV Series collection. 

Logos302

try looking at the mediacenter specific one.  I had an information show up there that was not in application or system.  

GrotShot

try looking at the mediacenter specific one.  I had an information show up there that was not in application or system.  

Done that, the last information in there was an MC update pre the stopped responding time.

GrotShot

I am having the exact same issue

I'm so glad....if you know what I mean! ;)

Just un-installed MBS fully, rebooted, re-installed, re-added all my collections and plugins and....... it MBC still stops responding when trying to enter the TV collection. Deep joy!

It even stops responding on a 2nd pc running MBC.

mboehler

Mine has been doing this as well.  I was gone over the weekend, but I THINK it started around Wednesday or Thursday.  I will try to find logs later today.

EDIT: Here is what I have found out so far...

I am using MB Classic version 3.0.74.0 B10-3.1 and MB Server Version 3.0.5031.21343

This is the error:

notresponding1_zps823dafa2.jpg

1. No logs are generated for Media Center

2. It is happening on multiple PC's.

3. Enter TV shows.  Scroll left or right approximately 16-18 times and it will error out.

3a. I have 97 TV series.

4. Entering Movies and browsing works fine.

4a. I have 248 items in the movies collection.  Some are boxsets.

5. I do not have video backdrops nor theme music enabled.

6. I am using the Crystal Theme version 1.0.2.4

7. I also tried it in the Supremacy Theme and it crashes.

8. I tried on the Default Theme and everything works fine.  I do not get the crash.

Attached are the MB Classic and MB Server logs.

I also occasionally get this error:

notresponding_zpsab0c9a2c.jpg

If I click Cancel I can proceed as normal.  This can happen in any area of MB Classic.

MBClassic-2013-10-14.zip

server-2013-10-14.zip

Edited by mboehler

GrotShot

Turn off the video backdrops function in ROC.

I've turned off the video, music & all themes options in ROC with no change.

I've turned off the video, music & all themes options in ROC with no change.

What happens if you un-install Roc and Crystal completely?

mboehler

Just FYI, you shouldn't edit posts to add more info as I may never see it.

Yeah, I thought about that after I did it.  I will keep that in mind in the future.

CBers

Yeah, I thought about that after I did it.  I will keep that in mind in the future.

Or just add a comment that you've edited your previous post, optionally with a link back to it. 

GrotShot

GrotShot, in my post above, is this the same issue you are experiencing?  Or perhaps should I start a new thread with this?

It looks to be the same but 90% of the time I can't even get into the TV collection.

GrotShot

What happens if you un-install Roc and Crystal completely?

I've removed all themes so running on Default and browsing through my TV collection still produces the "Program Not Responding" pop-up dialog

Okay, what is interesting about your TV  collection for both of you?  Anything you can think of that is different or that has changed recently.

Do you have any shortcuts in your TV collection?  Any chance you have an infinite loop created via shortcuts?

mboehler

I can't think of anything special about my setup.  I would think it's pretty much the same as most other people's.  I don't have any shortcuts or other non-standard items.

Could it be related to backdrops?  If I turn off "Show Fan Art on Views", it seems to work better.  I can still get it to crash if I scroll through my TV Shows very quickly, but it seems more stable than if "Show Fan Art on Views" is on.

Is it possible it might be an issue with memory, CPU speed, or ethernet speed?  I'm kind of grasping at straws here, because I'm not sure what else it might be.

My Server has the L5420 processor, quad 2.50 GHz processor, 8 GB RAM, so I don't think that's it.  I have GB Ethernet, so that should be fine as well.  My HTPC, on the other hand is a Zotac Zbox with an AMD E-350 Processor @ 1.60 GHz and 4 GB RAM.  But it's always worked before...

Edited by mboehler

mboehler

So I tried deleting the ImageCache per Christa's suggestion.  It didn't help.  Then I tried deleting both the Cache and ImageCache folder contents.  But that didn't help either.  I DID notice though, that this occurred on the server right when MB Classic crashed:

2013-10-14 20:59:22.3361, Error, DtoUtils, ServiceBase2013-10-14 20:59:30.6802, Error, DtoUtils, ServiceBase2013-10-14 20:59:34.3053, Error, DtoUtils, ServiceBase2013-10-14 21:02:51.3598, Error, DtoUtils, ServiceBase2013-10-14 21:02:56.4381, Error, HttpResponseExtensions, Error occured while Processing Request: [AggregateException] One or more errors occurred.

One or more errors occurred.
System.AggregateException
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll(Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageWriter.WriteTo(Stream responseStream)
  at ServiceStack.WebHost.Endpoints.Extensions.HttpResponseExtensions.WriteToOutputStream(IHttpResponse response, Object result, Byte[] bodyPrefix, Byte[] bodySuffix)
  at ServiceStack.WebHost.Endpoints.Extensions.HttpResponseExtensions.WriteToResponse(IHttpResponse response, Object result, ResponseSerializerDelegate defaultAction, IRequestContext serializerCtx, Byte[] bodyPrefix, Byte[] bodySuffix)
InnerException: System.Net.HttpListenerException
The specified network name is no longer available
  at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at System.IO.Stream.

What does this mean?  What else can I do to help troubleshoot this?  Note: MB Classic and MB Server logs attached.

Thanks!

MBClassic-14102013922fa688fa5848978f67828e335b3a2b.log

server-63517372542.log

That error on the server occurred because MBC crashed.  I still don't understand how MBC is shutting down without producing an error in the event log.  Without that, I have no idea what is going on.

mboehler

I don't understand it either.  But if there's anything you can think of for me to try, I will definitely do it.

If you go into the web client and bring up a detail page on anything and then replace the item id in the url with the one below, what do you get?

5aac1ed5-0ea2-1677-e0c0-7ed8c088ba3b