Can't get online trailers to work in Vantage Point.

GaryC357

GaryC357

First I want to say that this is an awesome plug in. Its allows me to set things up like I wanted. Everything works, all the bumpers load & play as they should, but for some reason VP wont retrieve/play online trailers. I don't use local trailers at all. My set up for this section is attached. Emby would stream trailers before (I had Cinema Mode & the Trailers plug in both installed). Per Vantage Points instruction's I uninstalled Cinema Mode, but I still have the Trailers plug in installed if that makes a difference. I've also rest the server. Any idea why its not working?

Emby is running on a Synology NAS if that makes a difference.

Capture.JPG.90a5c772fa02bedd49a01f25ccbd5f05.JPG

Edited by GaryC357
Better Description

GaryC357

Cinema Intros is an option that has to be enabled in the user apps and/or the server. Its enabled.

Cinema Mode is a plugin that the dev said had to be removed for VP to work.

Everything on my end works except for VP showing trailers.

It has stopped working for me as well. Not sure if it's relating to Vantage Point though as when I disable it and go back to using Cinema Mode, I can't get any trailers to play either. Do you get the trailers to play with Cinema Mode enabled only?

GaryC357

Unfortunately I had to uninstall VP. It was creating some other issues randomly on playback of both movie & tv titles (which were not enabled). I went back to using Cinema Mode & now everything is working again. Cinema Mode loads trailers fine. The only description I can give regarding what was going on with VP is it acted like it was stalling out & getting hung up on whether to play the intro/bumper videos or not & would just sit on a loading screen & never play anything.

Yes you are right. I removed Vantage Point and trailers were working again using Cinema Mode. It wasn't enough just turning off the Vantage Point plugin. Maybe @Cheesegeezer could look into this.

Edited by Happy2Play
corrected user tag

Cheesegeezer

@Luke has anything been updated with trailers, cinema mode or the core i need to change.

40 minutes ago, memc said:

Yes you are right. I removed Vantage Point and trailers were working again using Cinema Mode. It wasn't enough just turning off the Vantage Point plugin. Maybe @Cheesegeezer could look into this.

can you guys send me logs to i can trace an error or something. 
cheers

4 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@Luke has anything been updated with trailers, cinema mode or the core i need to change.

can you guys send me logs to i can trace an error or something. 
cheers

None that I can think of.

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
On 30/10/2021 at 08:11, GaryC357 said:

Cinema Intros is an option that has to be enabled in the user apps and/or the server. Its enabled.

Cinema Mode is a plugin that the dev said had to be removed for VP to work.

Everything on my end works except for VP showing trailers.

On 31/10/2021 at 10:32, memc said:

It has stopped working for me as well. Not sure if it's relating to Vantage Point though as when I disable it and go back to using Cinema Mode, I can't get any trailers to play either. Do you get the trailers to play with Cinema Mode enabled only?

Gents I have fixed this issue just now, so keep an eye out for an update on your server for Version 1.0.0.6.

23 hours ago, GaryC357 said:

Unfortunately I had to uninstall VP. It was creating some other issues randomly on playback of both movie & tv titles (which were not enabled). I went back to using Cinema Mode & now everything is working again. Cinema Mode loads trailers fine. The only description I can give regarding what was going on with VP is it acted like it was stalling out & getting hung up on whether to play the intro/bumper videos or not & would just sit on a loading screen & never play anything.

Interesting you say TV shows as the only logic in Vantage Point is checking if an item is a Movie, if it is then it will allow the code to run, so if it's not, it wont run any code. 

I did find another error in the code while i was troubleshooting the trailers one, it may have fixed this issue.

If you can run give it a go and run a fresh log for me please (enable debug logging).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Gents I have fixed this issue just now, so keep an eye out for an update on your server for Version 1.0.0.6.

Thanks it's working again for me.

• Thanks 1