Where selecting an In Progress TV show drops you

anoriega211
Go to solution Solved by anoriega211,

anoriega211

Hi,

New to using Emby and so far I'm really loving it. I used to use Kodi/MariaDB and have a few Kodi players around the house, but this is so much easier! And I love the transcoding x265 for lower powered devices like my Pi3! 

But on to the point of my post, I searched a little but my search is probably too general and I couldn't find what I was looking for. I was curious if when selecting an in progress tv show, if you can be dropped into the season folder with that next episode highlighted. Right now selecting a show to continue watching drops you in the top level of the show, where you need to pick the season and go down to the next episode. Yes... I am that lazy :)

I'm running:

Emby 4.6.4.0

Kodi 19.1

Estuary skin 3.0.5

Emby-next-gen 5.3.2

Thanks!

anoriega211
On 10/30/2021 at 9:51 AM, quickmic said:

Not sure if this covers your case, but there is an "Next Episodes" node you could try.

It seems to be a skin issue. I found this post that describes what I'm trying to fix - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=346488. When picking an in progress tv show from the home page it doesn't directly highlight the next episode. According to the skin's xml files, it should but isn't doing it:

<include content="WidgetListPoster" condition="Library.HasContent(tvshows)">
                                                        <param name="content_path" value="videodb://inprogresstvshows"/>
                                                        <param name="sortby" value="lastplayed"/>
                                                        <param name="sortorder" value="descending"/>
                                                        <param name="widget_header" value="$LOCALIZE[626]"/>
                                                        <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
                                                        <param name="list_id" value="6100"/>

Either way... not an Emby issue, just seemed like Kodi started not doing this once I switched to Emby.

Thanks!

• Solution
anoriega211

Ah I found it... Settings -> Media -> Videos -> Select first unwatched TV show season/episode. What a dummy... I nuked my settings when moving to Emby and didn't set that back how it was :)

• Like 1