Exclude Playlists and Collections from Next up and continue watching.

guardianali

guardianali

I would love an option PER playlist or collection (click the triple dot menu option for a specific playlist of collection) and have an option to omit the shows played from the lists. 

I use those to resume my place from watching a series in order. Etc..

But I have some Collections of tv shows that I use as "TV channels". Like one called 90s Sitcoms. I goto that collection, click random, and let it play random episodes from random shows I picked in a tv channel like experience. But it then floods the Next Up and resume section of the home screen to the point those are useless for legit use of watchin a series in its entirety in order for instance. 

So the ability to chose a playlist or collection...like my 90s Sitcom collection...and chose an option "Omit from Next Up" and "Omit from Continue Watching" would be super helpful to keep things clean and offer flexibility. 

Hi, you can already do this with individual series. From continue watching just use the 3 dot menu, then select remove from continue watching.

guardianali
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, you can already do this with individual series. From continue watching just use the 3 dot menu, then select remove from continue watching.

Thanks Luke. 

Does that option remove that show from ever coming up on the Continue or Next list forever from then on (and if so how to I then allow it to show again at some point) or does it just remove that one entry of that one episode that one time but next time I run my randomized Collection, it will show entries from that series again?

If its removed just for that one entry, thats not very useful if i have to manually clear those lists everytime i run my randomized collection. 

If its removed a specific show forever, that means if I decide to watch that show in order as a binge, then i cant take advantage of those lists. (though I can make this option work by simply adding that show back to being allowed to be on the list). 

I was thinking the adding that option to the collection or playlist triple dot menu..and have the software be smart enough to see what prompted the episode playback and if it came from a collection that has that option off, it wont add those played episodes. 
But if i normally goto that show manually and hit play, it would. 

Edited by guardianali

guardianali
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

The entire series or movie will stay out of it until you play it again.

Just tested it. Thats the issue. I play my random collection lists often. Like when i am cooking or doing something, ill goto for instance 90s Sitcoms (which has like 12 shows on it) and chose shuffle. I do that like once or twice a day. 

So it just adds the shows right back. 

I was requesting a way to either disable it from being added at all by having a do not add to those lists option on a per collection or playlist level. Or when when you use the current method of removing it from those lists, its actuall removed and never added back because the removed show gets added to like a Blacklist in the options menu. And if you want that show to show back up on continue or Next, you can remove it from that blacklist. 

Edited by guardianali