Add Refresh Metadata permission to non-Admin users

CBers

CBers

It would be nice to allow non-Admin users to have the option to refresh the metadata for their own content.

For example, my daughter has her own libraries (TV and Movies), but when she's watching something and say the synopsis is missing, she has to ask me to update it, as she doesn't have the Refresh Metadata options.

Obviously this would be set on a per-user basis.

Thanks.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CBers said:

Obviously this would be set on a per-user basis.

Sounds like you are requesting not only per user but also per library since there is no concept of "ownership" of content.

CBers
14 minutes ago, ebr said:

Sounds like you are requesting not only per user but also per library since there is no concept of "ownership" of content.

Just the option to Refresh Metadata for a user's content.

15 minutes ago, CBers said:

for a user's content

Again, there is no ownership of content in Emby.  So you mean you just need the user level option and then they can refresh metadata on anything they can see.  This would include "your" content if they can also see that.

CBers
16 hours ago, ebr said:

Again, there is no ownership of content in Emby.  So you mean you just need the user level option and then they can refresh metadata on anything they can see.  This would include "your" content if they can also see that.

Not sure what you mean by "there is no ownership of content in Emby", but my daughter has her own libraries. She can only see her libraries. I'd like her to be able to refresh the metadata for the content in her libraries. 

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

Right, your point is understood and how many people use it. That was just a difference of a technical answer vs. usage based answer.

I don't really see how my answer was more technical.  The request, as asked has an ambiguity because of the specific setup the the requester has.  Many (dare I say most) people have their users all seeing mostly shared (the same) content and then maybe have some specific content they can also see.

I'm pretty sure if we implemented this option at only the user level, we would very quickly get requests for it to be only certain libraries and, based on how the question was posed, I thought perhaps CBers was thinking this as well.  Simply wanted clarification on the usage and intent, not anything technical.

• 2 years later...
CBers

@LukeIt's been over two years now, so is this on the roadmap please?

It's so annoying for my daughter to have to keep asking me why Emby doesn't have a synopsis, or images for a particular item.

Or have I missed this having already been implemented?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, CBers said:

@LukeIt's been over two years now, so is this on the roadmap please?

It's so annoying for my daughter to have to keep asking me why Emby doesn't have a synopsis, or images for a particular item.

Or have I missed this having already been implemented?

Thanks.

HI, yes it's something we can look at adding. Thanks.

• Thanks 1