Are Sync and Convert the same?

Picante1
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Picante1

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to convert videos i found an article that talks about the Sync feature, but I suspect that it might have been renamed.

Could someone confirm please?

Cheers.

Hello Picante1,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• Solution
9 hours ago, Picante1 said:

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to convert videos i found an article that talks about the Sync feature, but I suspect that it might have been renamed.

Could someone confirm please?

Cheers.

It was renamed which is why you probably can't find it.  We actually have 2 similar features.

There is a convert feature which you the admin can access on the 3 dot menu from any media.  You can pick different profiles like Mobile for example and choose to replace the original or put it onside the original.

There is also a "download to" feature which is what you're likely referring to with sync.  This is just like above where you can pick a profile and convert the media if needed but then it transfer the media to a client device which is usually a mobile/tablet device.  You will see the "download to" on the same menu as above.

You can control what users have access to this as well on the user's access tab under the section "Downloads".

Hope that helps

• Like 1