Per-folder view setting

bblackmoor
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

bblackmoor

I always view my media in what Emby calls "folder view". I have images for almost every file, so everything is in portrait mode. This is great for movies where I can read the title in the image (or where the title itself is very short). But for TV episodes, it means I am looking at a grid of identical images with identical titles under them (because the "s01e01" etc. is cut off).

I would like it very much if there was a way to set folders to show as portrait thumbnails, landscape thumbnails, or a list, on a per-folder basis. That way, I could set a folder full of TV episodes to list view, so I can see what episode is what, but my folder of Godzilla movies could still be in portrait mode.

Maybe it could be a file called Folder.ini, sort of like Folder.jpg?

I would be grateful if you could add this to the roadmap.

Thank you.

Hi, for the most part, the settings are already saved per folder. Have you tried using the 3-dot view menu ?

bblackmoor
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, for the most part, the settings are already saved per folder. Have you tried using the 3-dot view menu ?

The three dot menu on the side has these options:

* Show Titles
* Group items into colections

The A-Z menu has options for "Sort by" and "Sort order", but nothing for whether it's list or portrait.

The gear icon at the top has Settings >> Display, but none of those options are for whether it's list or portrait.

Edited by bblackmoor

bblackmoor

Oh, I'm sorry: I should have stated that I am using a Roku. I often take it for granted that everyone is using a Roku, but of course not everyone does. I should have specified. Unfortunately, I don't appear to be able to edit my original post.

Edited by bblackmoor

• Solution

OK so this hasn't made it into the Roku app yet, but yes, ultimately it will catch up.

• Like 1