In your opinion what has better remote access on cellular (4g lte/5g)

ng4ever

ng4ever

Emby or Plex ?

That or is it even or does one have a few advantages over the other?

Sorry for the question :(

Like I mean can adapt to the sporadic connection speed that can change at a moments notice easily that 4g lte/5g does.

Edited by ng4ever

Gilgamesh_48

Whatever answer you get here will be skewed by the fact that this is an Emby forum. I have seen very few posts praising Plex and many bashing them. In fact I agree that Emby is the superior product.

I do not "use" remote access as I have no need but I have tested both Plex and Emby and found that neither is clearly "better." But that "better" is more in setup in situations like having a VPN that it is in actual operation.

I did notice that the Plex clients were a little easier to get connected than Emby clients if the network or path was at all unstable but that difference was not great enough to matter much.

Bottom line after my testing is that I decided that it would be better for me to use Emby but that is also skewed by the fact that I find, overall, that I greatly prefer using Emby. Using Emby is like driving the best of the 70s luxury cars while Plex is much like a Chevy Impala. Both do the job and both will get you from point A to B but Emby does it with style.

• Like 1

ng4ever
5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

Whatever answer you get here will be skewed by the fact that this is an Emby forum. I have seen very few posts praising Plex and many bashing them. In fact I agree that Emby is the superior product.

I do not "use" remote access as I have no need but I have tested both Plex and Emby and found that neither is clearly "better." But that "better" is more in setup in situations like having a VPN that it is in actual operation.

I did notice that the Plex clients were a little easier to get connected than Emby clients if the network or path was at all unstable but that difference was not great enough to matter much.

Bottom line after my testing is that I decided that it would be better for me to use Emby but that is also skewed by the fact that I find, overall, that I greatly prefer using Emby. Using Emby is like driving the best of the 70s luxury cars while Plex is much like a Chevy Impala. Both do the job and both will get you from point A to B but Emby does it with style.

Do you have both or only use to ?

Gilgamesh_48
28 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

Do you have both or only use to?

I have both but I usually only run Emby now. Plex just is MUCH too cumbersome for my tastes. Also here I can as a question, report a bug or just want to read mainly for my own information or the Plex forums it is a good month when I see questions or bug reports being answered at the rate of 10% or less while here it is above 95%.

Several year ago Plex lost its way and never found the path again. Sort of like Bilbo and co. in "The Hobbit." But Plex has never been "rescued" or "captured" by the Elves. Plex is still wandering around being chased by the electronic equivalent of giant spiders.

Edit to add: I have no need for remote access and have not had for a couple of years so what I say "might" have changed. But I do not think so.

Edited by Gilgamesh_48