(Solved) Help setting up IP cam recordings

clarkss12

clarkss12

My server was setup to show my IP recordings from my Synology Surveillance station app, and worked perfectly.  One of my internal hard drives in my NAS died, so I had to install different hard drives, and do a complete re-install of the NAS OS.

Now, I can't get Emby to "see" my IP camera recordings that were created using the Synology Surveillance station app........

I "think" I have set the proper permissions to access those recordings from Emby.

Edited by clarkss12
Problem solved

FrostByte

Sounds like I have a similar setup.  I went with Sinology's default "surveillance" as a shared folder and my settings look like the following in DSM 7

Just gave the system internal user "emby" read/write permissions.

surv.thumb.jpg.fc14781f642158bc62cf6de13ac6b1ec.jpg

surv2.jpg.1db066004f01da6fbbc1dcc8e215fb60.jpg

clarkss12

I guess I missed the most important piece of information.  I am running my server on a Windows 10 machine........

I did set up my permissions as per your image............  Will test.

thanks

• Like 1

clarkss12

There must be a setting on my DS 216 that I am missing.  Using the "network" button, I can see all the folders on other devices but NOT the DS216 that is the source of my IP recordings........ 

The live camera function works well.

DS 216.mkv Live camera under Emby.mkv

3 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

I guess I missed the most important piece of information.  I am running my server on a Windows 10 machine........

I did set up my permissions as per your image............  Will test.

thanks

First make sure you can access the folder via windows explorer. Then whatever that path is, try importing that into emby server.

clarkss12
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

First make sure you can access the folder via windows explorer. Then whatever that path is, try importing that into emby server.

I did that, and it worked before, but not this time.  

shows under Windows explorer.jpg

clarkss12
1 minute ago, Luke said:

OK, you'll need to figure that out before you can import it into emby server.

This what I try to use, but it doesn't work....  \\DS216\surveillance.  

2021-10-27 19-15-11.mkv

clarkss12

I am sure it is a setting in my NAS that is keeping Emby from accessing my files.  I can't even add home videos that are located on the NAS, but I can access them through the Windows explorer.

2021-10-27 19-47-18.mkv

Edited by clarkss12

Looks like you are using NFS to share with.
I've had bad luck with that on Synology sharing but have had great luck using CIFS.

Have you tried that?

clarkss12
18 minutes ago, cayars said:

Looks like you are using NFS to share with.
I've had bad luck with that on Synology sharing but have had great luck using CIFS.

Have you tried that?

Ummm, I was trying everything......  Not sure how to select how to share, using NFS or CIFS.........  Is it selected using the NAS OS, or Emby??

And thanks for all the support..

As it stands, now, IF I had media stored onto this Synology NAS, I would NOT be able to access those files using Emby.  So, If I had some movie rips stored onto this NAS, Emby could not see or use them.

clarkss12

Using Kodi running on my PC, I can add folders to my NAS and access files stored on that NAS.  But Emby can not "see" those files or folders on the NAS.  Hope this video shows what I mean.  Adding media to Kodi is very simple.

image.thumb.png.aa78f365fec48d7a807a445d2a777905.png

Take a look at your setup here on Control panel on the NAS and see if you SMB turned on.
I'm not that great on Kodi but in your video it looks like the share you used might have been via NFS.

If you can't figure this out let me know and I can do a remote session with you to try and help you figure it out.

clarkss12
6 minutes ago, cayars said:

image.thumb.png.aa78f365fec48d7a807a445d2a777905.png

Take a look at your setup here on Control panel on the NAS and see if you SMB turned on.
I'm not that great on Kodi but in your video it looks like the share you used might have been via NFS.

If you can't figure this out let me know and I can do a remote session with you to try and help you figure it out.

That would be great for a remote assistance...

Thanks as always.

Send me a PM when you have free time for us to do this.
If you like install AnyDesk from www.anydesk.com so you'll be ready.
Just send me your AnyDesk ID. No password needed as you'll approve the connection when I connect.

clarkss12

@Cayars, came through again.  Problem was not knowing what I was doing.  

Cayars, added the camera recordings into my Emby server...............  Working perfectly, now...........

• Like 1