Some Feature Requests for the Server part

pünktchen

pünktchen

Okay guys here are my wishes i like to see in the server part of Media Browser...

Metadata Manager:

• As MBS fully supports nfo these days, i'm still missing a field for "original title" and "watched" status
  • nfo "watched" tag should be recognized by the importer (maybe definable for what user in general)

• Multi editing of some standard fields like genre, studios, country, tags and of course the "watched" status would be really helpfull :rolleyes:

• When you delete a picture within the metadata editor, a dialog should pop with an information what you are deleting! Is it from your database path or from your media folder? (It happend to me more than one time, that i've deleted fanart from my movie folders :angry: )

Reports:

• While there are columns for video, audio, resolution, subtitle and trailer why can't we sort by these (I know there are filters, but it is not the same)
  • While i'm talking about filters... Filters for your media folders (views) would be really nice.

Collections (boxsets):

• Collections within a collection. (It's the only thing that keeps me from changing completely to MBS) For example i like to define a collection "Marvel Universe" and in there would be the collections for "Captain America", "Thor", "Avengers" and so on.

Okay that was a lot :P but i think that are features everyone can benefit from.

PS. Sorry for summarizing, i did not want to start 7 topics!

Edited by pünktchen

Just an FYI, you can definitely have Collections within a Collection. Collections are part of the Other Items category within a Collection.

For example, on my server I have a collection named The Animatrix which contains the various shorts. The Animatrix collection is part of The Matrix collection and shows up as an Other Item within The Matrix collection.

pünktchen

Just an FYI, you can definitely have Collections within a Collection. Collections are part of the Other Items category within a Collection.

For example, on my server I have a collection named The Animatrix which contains the various shorts. The Animatrix collection is part of The Matrix collection and shows up as an Other Item within The Matrix collection.

Interessting. How did you do this, with Windows folder shortcuts? That is not what i want, cause it makes the whole idea of a media manager obsolete.

I have the user preferences set to: Group movies into collections

5412433546a81_Capture.png

Then I can create a Collection which contains Collections via the web interface for movies where Collections are mixed with other movies. Note that in this case The 28 Collection is co-mingled with other movies.

541243585633a_Capture2.png

pünktchen

I've tried it via the metadata manger - add titles to collections. But the search there only lists movies...

Your way seems to be working, except i cannot see the collection within the collection  :unsure: although it is in the "collection.xml" of my data path.

Here's how they show up on my server install:

5413006995eed_Capture.png

Here's the interesting portion of the collection.xml file:

<CollectionItems>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Name>The Matrix</Name>
      <Type>Movie</Type>
      <Year>1999</Year>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Name>The Matrix Reloaded</Name>
      <Type>Movie</Type>
      <Year>2003</Year>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Name>The Matrix Revolutions</Name>
      <Type>Movie</Type>
      <Year>2003</Year>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Name>The Animatrix</Name>
      <Type>BoxSet</Type>
    </CollectionItem>
  </CollectionItems>

pünktchen

I clearly see the difference. Here's my collection.xml:

<CollectionItems>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections\Der Gendarm von Saint Tropez [boxset]</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Path>C:\DataPool\Videos\Klassiker\Louis und seine außerirdischen Kohlköpfe\Louis und seine außerirdischen Kohlköpfe.mkv</Path>
    </CollectionItem>
  </CollectionItems>

But why is it other than yours? @@Luke?

I made a bunch of collections back when the functionality was first added to Media Browser and haven't added/changed anything since. Maybe something changed in a more recent release.