2 emby servers

arron1985

arron1985

Hi everyone I may be asking a silly question but I'm hoping some one will be able to help. I have a pc running freenas that has emby on it and its been running for a few years now. I have decided to retire it and replace it with a new pc. With the old one still running i have been setting up the new one with a fresh install of truenas and emby. It's all up and running. I was hoping to shut the old one down and the new one to replace it but the problem I am having is that I can access the new one in house but not outside. They both seem the have the same remote address but every time I try to connect to it manually it seems to be looking for the old server. What am I doing wrong. I'm learning as I go along so sorry if its a silly question.  Thanks guys. 

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, arron1985 said:

Hi everyone I may be asking a silly question but I'm hoping some one will be able to help. I have a pc running freenas that has emby on it and its been running for a few years now. I have decided to retire it and replace it with a new pc. With the old one still running i have been setting up the new one with a fresh install of truenas and emby. It's all up and running. I was hoping to shut the old one down and the new one to replace it but the problem I am having is that I can access the new one in house but not outside. They both seem the have the same remote address but every time I try to connect to it manually it seems to be looking for the old server. What am I doing wrong. I'm learning as I go along so sorry if its a silly question.  Thanks guys. 

Port forwarding in your router needs to change from your old LAN address to your new hardware LAN address.

arron1985

Thanks you ever so much. I just logged into my router and found my old server ip address and replaced it with the new servers address and I can access it outside the house. It's save me scratching my head for hours. Thank you again 😁

• Like 1