Google Drive docs

treason

Hi

I create credentials quite often although i use Rclone however, the APi / Oauth appears to be the same process so take a look at this section on how to set up the new credentials on the current Google site

Getting OAUTH GDrive

At one point you are now asked for scopes that you want permitted which is different to how it was done before

This part of the document covers what scopes are now needed for credentials

Scopes Required

I think one doese not appear (appdata) so i just select one thats named very similar lol and it works fine

Hi, Google is constantly changing things which makes that support article very hard to keep updated!
But what I've found is that that plugin 95% of the time isn't what people think it is and don't need/want to use it once they understand it's use.

If you already have files on Google that plugin isn't for you.
If you are planning to only have the files stored on Google but not locally, that plugin is not for you.

Think of it as a sync/copy of local media.  If this is what you want the plugin might be for you.

What most people really want is the ability to mount remote storage and use it locally, roughly like a local HDD.
In that case you want to setup rclone.

treason

What I want is to transcode new additions to mp4, then upload them to google drive, then when playing the title back, i want it to stream from google and not my local server.

Does the plugin do what I want @cayars?

2 hours ago, treason said:

What I want is to transcode new additions to mp4, then upload them to google drive, then when playing the title back, i want it to stream from google and not my local server.

Does the plugin do what I want @cayars?

Maybe the desktop Theater versions but may change in the future for the unified app.
All apps that come from any store or provider install (to the best of my knowledge) will always stream directly from the Emby Server and not from other places.
The exception is direct file play from your own network drives in ATV for Shield TV.

That makes the use of this feature for your purpose not worth pursuing.  This is what I meant originally by my statement that it probably won't do what you think it will.

I'm actually not sure what the value of this plugin really is for general use. As @Spaceboy mentioned you are better off using rclone for your purpose.

Edited by cayars
  • Agree 1