How to import 'Collections' (after Emby database rebuild)

Peter Nent

Peter Nent

After I've succesfully recreated a new Emby database by scanning all media (I've had a corrupt database), I've noticed that only the 'Collections' are not there anymore within Emby, although there is still a directory called 'collections'....

Question: is there a way to import/upload the 'old' collections ? (other than re-entering them by hand....)

Grtz, Peter 

Hi, Emby is only going to import collections if that data is in your NFO files assuming you have NFO files written.
If not the collection information will come from the meta-data provider info it pulls during a scan.

If you create manual collections you really want to make sure to turn on NFO file creation so that if you ever have to scan the library back in they will get imported and set back up again.

• Like 1

Peter Nent

Dear Cayars,

Many thanks for pointing out the .NFO advantages; I've activated them on all my collections and entered them manually: thanx!

Regards, Peter

• Like 1

Sure thing.  NFO files are a life saver in this regard for tracking things you manually change which can't be gotten from a meta-data provider!

• Like 1