Rescan Channels for Tuner

mirdragon

mirdragon

I can rescan the channels in HDHR app and Plex, but where is the option within Emby to rescan the channels on the HDHR tuners. Do you need to remove and re-add the turners again for the changes to be picked up?

Hi, When you you do a guide refresh is it not picking up any new channels or removing channels?

mirdragon

i'm asking about rescanning of the tuner for the available channels, not the guide

if i rescan the channels using HDHR does Emby pick them up when the guide is updated

If I don't use HDHR to scan for channels (for change in frequencies or numbering) how can you tell Emby to rescan all available frequencies for channels

I understand what you're asking.  It should happen automatically with a guide update.
That's why I was asking if you refresh the guide does it it pickup the changes to the tuner.

Sorry I was not more clear previously on this.

• Thanks 1

mirdragon

Yes when the guide refreshes it updates the channel list, which I assume it gets the list from the HDHR and only looks at the ones I've enabled

justinrh

@mirdragon  So, does this mean you picked up the missing channel and everything is good now?

I did a guide refresh and I'm still not picking up the new channel.

2 hours ago, mirdragon said:

Yes when the guide refreshes it updates the channel list, which I assume it gets the list from the HDHR and only looks at the ones I've enabled

This is correct, yes.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, justinrh said:

@mirdragon  So, does this mean you picked up the missing channel and everything is good now?

I did a guide refresh and I'm still not picking up the new channel.

Can you go over this with a specific example?

justinrh

I picked up 54.6 but not getting guide data.  (That channel was a surprise to me.)  I'm supposed be getting 38.8 but I'm not.

No guide data for 54.5 or 54.6 in Huntsville, AL, 35810.

image.png.42c9c7a7ce81d87bbacc5e40f86a207b.png

justinrh

Those two channels say 'not mapped to guide data'.  I edited the channel to use Emby guide data, but it doesn't persist, and there is no channel in the 'guide data channel' list.

What does this mean?  How could the channel be in the list and not have any guide data?

And this is weird - 67.2 is in the master list, but not in the data channel list, and vice versa for 67.1.

image.png.6eab5bf2524895e47a18128c05ad2f67.png

Edited by justinrh

I see the message in the guide section and will send this info to our provider.

• Thanks 1