Cannot get passed select server in remote access

cena1mojo

cena1mojo

I recently installed emby as an alternative to plex, yet from remote access i can see my server name but when clicking on it it constantly says cannot connect to server. I thought I did this correctly. My other server apps work just fine but emby will not connect please help.

Hello cena1mojo,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

MBSki

Did you add a port forward for Emby in your router? Plex and Emby both use a separate port number.

HI there @cena1mojo, yes this is a good question regarding your port forwarding. Have you looked at this? I would suggest taking a look at our connection troubleshooter:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

cena1mojo

I did proper portforwarding, when trying to access remotely, it shows the server name but says is not accessable. Is there some 'sharing' protocol in emby I have to do? and I am the administer

11 minutes ago, cena1mojo said:

I did proper portforwarding, when trying to access remotely, it shows the server name but says is not accessable. Is there some 'sharing' protocol in emby I have to do? and I am the administer

Usually there is nothing you need to configure in Emby. did you go through the link I provided above? What was the result of each step?

23 hours ago, cena1mojo said:

If you go to canyouseeme.org and do a port check of the Emby port do you get success or fail?
If success can you login directly from a remote location using the exact entry shown on Emby dashboard for remote access?