Urgent!!! The EMBY server is unavailable with 60% of the CPU occupied.

Joechung

Joechung

Dear Technical staff of EMBY, during the normal use of EMBY today, suddenly the EMBY website could not be accessed normally (it was impossible to log in with credentials, and the EMBY login interface kept going round and round). Later, I opened the NAS system to check the data and found that 1. The CPU was occupied by EMBY crazily, and even when no one was using it. Interest rates as high as over 60%?
2. My network data was uploaded by EMBY crazily and automatically. I don't know what EMBY was uploading automatically, but I saw that EMBY was uploading data crazily on the router.
I have uploaded the log, please help me check it. Thank you very much.
This is very strange, this has never happened before, I really want to know what caused my EMBY to be like this? I was hoping you'd let me know.

问题.png

2021-10-24_012640.jpg

卡机embyserver.txt

2021-10-24_014239.jpg

Edited by Joechung

Hi, this log has a lot of library scanning activity so that is probably why. To improve the performance of your server, try removing these plugins:

InfuseSync 1.3.3.0
    JavScraper 1.2021.622.2145

Then restart the server and see if that helps. Thanks.

Happy2Play

You appear to have a issue with your custom metadata path at least for people

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/share/14T/Emby(不可动)/元数据/metadata/people/Berg Ng-tmdb-1139045/folder.jpg'.

You have lots of network traffic timeouts to TVDB and TMDB as Emby is trying to get metadata from these providers causing lots of blocked network traffic.

examples

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Cancelling connection to https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/383686/all/zh.zip due to a previous timeout.
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Cancelling connection to https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&query=%5B200403&language=zh-CN&include_adult=true due to a previous 

Your server is still processing media as this log shows Emby probing your media.  I assume you libraries are still being Refresh/Scanned as this 22 hour log shows ffprobe getting media info.  So I would expect the cpu usage to be like this during this process.

Joechung
6 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

You appear to have a issue with your custom metadata path at least for people

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/share/14T/Emby(不可动)/元数据/metadata/people/Berg Ng-tmdb-1139045/folder.jpg'.

You have lots of network traffic timeouts to TVDB and TMDB as Emby is trying to get metadata from these providers causing lots of blocked network traffic.

examples

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Cancelling connection to https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/383686/all/zh.zip due to a previous timeout.
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Cancelling connection to https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&query=%5B200403&language=zh-CN&include_adult=true due to a previous 

Your server is still processing media as this log shows Emby probing your media.  I assume you libraries are still being Refresh/Scanned as this 22 hour log shows ffprobe getting media info.  So I would expect the cpu usage to be like this during this process.

If it is my "custom metadata path problem", how can I fix it?

Joechung
8 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, this log has a lot of library scanning activity so that is probably why. To improve the performance of your server, try removing these plugins:

InfuseSync 1.3.3.0
    JavScraper 1.2021.622.2145

Then restart the server and see if that helps. Thanks.

I have tried restarting EMBY and NAS. After restarting, EMBY started to resume automatic upload status.
I try to uninstall to see.

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, Joechung said:

I have tried restarting EMBY and NAS. After restarting, EMBY started to resume automatic upload status.
I try to uninstall to see.

This is normal from a media refresh standpoint as Emby is trying to get and cache metadata from online providers per your library settings (enabled metadata downloaders).

As for custom metadata path does that path exist in above error?

Joechung
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

从媒体刷新的角度来看,这是正常的,因为 Emby 正在尝试根据您的库设置(启用的元数据下载器)从在线提供商处获取和缓存元数据。

至于自定义元数据路径,上述错误中是否存在该路径?

This is my EMBY metadata path. The path should be correct, right?

image.png.cca2a6f827d68ec644ab0d217f8a6751.png

Happy2Play
Just now, Joechung said:

This is my EMBY metadata path. The path should be correct, right?

image.png.cca2a6f827d68ec644ab0d217f8a6751.png

and does the person exist in that folder as  Emby failed to find in that example and many more per the log.

Berg Ng-tmdb-1139045/folder.jpg

Joechung

You said that my EMBY is working with metadata, but I did not see any progress after opening the instrument panel, and I did not see any progress after refreshing it many times.

Joechung
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

并且该人是否存在于该文件夹中,因为 Emby 在该示例中找不到,并且每个日志中还有更多。

It seems that it does not exist. I plan to refresh the metadata of all actor information (only for actor metadata). What should I do?

Joechung
53 minutes ago, Luke said:

What issue are you having at this point?

If my EMBY backend metadata is working, why can’t I see any scan progress on the dashboard?

16 hours ago, Joechung said:

After refreshing many times, no scan progress was found.

Scan progress of what?

Joechung
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

How did you do that?

I am choosing to refresh all metadata to replace pictures, occasionally appearing without showing progress. Progress is not displayed in the dashboard or media library.

Joechung
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Can you show a screenshot of where you are doing that from? Thanks.

image.png.cce905be8986a0b55fd46d7b5bfed4bd.png

After pressing refresh, it looks like the picture below. There is no progress. I am not sure whether my EMBY is delayed or something.