qnap emby server scan library files failing

sezsat

Hi emby devs,

we have an issue for a user in emby for apple tv, it was working 2 days ago, now after logging in, home screen is loading status only, when you go to the next tab the favorites, its ok but on Home screen its blank. i have attached the emby server log file for you guys.

also i have tried the following:

delete the emby app on apple tv and reinstall

reboot the emby server

reboot qnap

but still not working, but account is working fine when logged in on an android tv box, web browser and on iOS (iphone/ipad) home screen works fine, but not working only in apple tv.

embyserver (4).txt

Edited by sezsat

tried restoring a previous server config backup which includes users, but now all users even the admin user when logged in, the home screen is just blank.

also tried reinstalling the emby server in qnap, still same issue. now all users have blank home screen.

hi devs,

i got this error where invoking scan library files

Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.Execute(IDatabaseConnection This, ReadOnlySpan`1 sqlUtf8)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.RollbackTransaction(IDatabaseConnection This)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.DeleteItems(Int64[] ids)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.DeleteItems(BaseItem[] items)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.DeleteItem(BaseItem item, DeleteOptions options, BaseItem parent, Boolean notifyParentItem)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders(BaseItem[] children, IDirectoryService directoryService, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean recursive, Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, IDirectoryService directoryService)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders(BaseItem[] children, IDirectoryService directoryService, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

embyserver (5).txt

Edited by sezsat

hi devs,

i am getting this error after manually invoking configuration backup.

Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
at Emby.Sqlite.SqliteExtensions.ExecuteQuery(IStatement This)+MoveNext()
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteUserDataRepository.GetAllUserData(Int64 internalUserId)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.UserDataManager.GetAllUserData(Int64 userId)
at MBBackup.ServerEntryPoint.BackupUserData(User user, String dest)
at MBBackup.ServerEntryPoint.ExecuteBackup(BackupProfile settings, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress, Boolean isAuto)
at MBBackup.Entities.ScheduledBackupTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

embyserver (5).txt

Edited by sezsat

Happy2Play

Unfortunately per other topics you will need to reset/new database, the last section of the KB above.

SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Error: cannot rollback - no transaction is active

And you have this also

SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Corrupt: database disk image is malformed

But please backup or rename the library.db as it container userdata.  If you do not use the Server Configuration Backup plugin we couple possibly salvage the userdatas table from corrupt database.

14 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Unfortunately per other topics you will need to reset/new database, the last section of the KB above.

SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Error: cannot rollback - no transaction is active

And you have this also

SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Corrupt: database disk image is malformed

But please backup or rename the library.db as it container userdata.  If you do not use the Server Configuration Backup plugin we couple possibly salvage the userdatas table from corrupt database.

i did use the server configuration backup plugin, tried to restore from the backups, but unfortunately, the issue persisted and that now the scan library is not working anymore, anyway, i will just have to remove all libraries and re-create each of them. 

thank you guys

hi @Luke

yes i started a fresh emby server and restore the whole server config from a backup server that i have.

all good now.

just have a minor issue with the collections, it doesn't generate its own display image in the home screen.

Happy2Play
8 hours ago, sezsat said:

just have a minor issue with the collections, it doesn't generate its own display image in the home screen.

Do you have errors in your log pointing to \data\collections?

15 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Do you have errors in your log pointing to \data\collections?

yeah, i checked the log, could not find a part of the path (pointing to the collections), how to i point it to the correct path?

all good now, what i did was removed emby server from my qnap.

do a fresh install, restore a backup config from another backup qnap.

also was able to figure out how to fix the collection with no display image generated on the home screen due to the backup from another qnap uses a different OS and directory.

thank you @Happy2Play

took me some familiarization, as i am using qnap, used filezilla to figure out what to do, collections now have its own image after copying the data from a backup qnap.

all good. thank you.

had to copy from this backup qnap:

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/data/collections

to this main qnap:

/share/ZFS530_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/data/collections