Emby and Chromecast problem

Przemek

Przemek

Hi, when I cast something from Android smartphone and have my Chromecast in Google Home App I cannot see what is playing, cannot stop or pause when I turn off smartphone screen. It's look like Emby start from fresh but Chromecast keep playing movie. I must delete device from Google Home and I have ability to do something with movie.

App ver. 3.2.19

Smartphone - One Plus 9Pro

Android 11

Regards.

Edited by Przemek

Przemek

When I start movie on Emby and click cast button I can see on Emby that movie is playing and I can stop/pause/resume etc. But when I minimize Emby or my screen turn off and then I turn on screen I see Emby like fresh start not playing any movie. I must go to Google home app and there I can only turn off streaming.

When I remove Chromecast from Google Home, Emby works OK.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
Przemek
On 11/4/2021 at 3:47 AM, Luke said:

@Przemek are you still seeing this?

Hi, sorry for late response. Meybe that was app update or I change battery optimization in Android for Emby but now it's perfect. 

Thanks.

Przemek

Hi, today when I stream to Chromecast movie on Emby don't show progress and I cannot pause. I see that movie is playing, I see pause, stop .. buttons. I have to open Google Home and then pause. After I stop streaming in Google Home I see progress in Emby and can resume from where I stop watching.

Regards.

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2021 at 6:53 PM, Przemek said:

Hi, today when I stream to Chromecast movie on Emby don't show progress and I cannot pause. I see that movie is playing, I see pause, stop .. buttons. I have to open Google Home and then pause. After I stop streaming in Google Home I see progress in Emby and can resume from where I stop watching.

Regards.

@Przemek are you still seeing this now?

Przemek

Hi, I have also some problems with Chromecast. For example it stops and don't show subtitles. Subtitles was off during movie but when I exit movie I have subtitles choosen. Also sometimes when I exit movie it marks as watched. But that was half of the movie.

Regards.

On 12/18/2021 at 7:44 AM, Przemek said:

Hi, I have also some problems with Chromecast. For example it stops and don't show subtitles. Subtitles was off during movie but when I exit movie I have subtitles choosen. Also sometimes when I exit movie it marks as watched. But that was half of the movie.

Regards.

@Przemek let's look at an example:

Thanks !