Scan Media failing

jriker1
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

jriker1

I recently updated the Android TV app on my shield and can no longer delete any shows.  Gives me VolleyError com.android.volleyServerError:

Rebooted, killed the app and started it again.

Edited by jriker1

jriker1

As of today the Scan Media job started failing.  No updates pending.  Getting:

Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.SaveItem(IDatabaseConnection db, BaseItem item, Int64 topParentId, Int64 userDataKeyId, IStatement insertItemStatement, IStatement updateItemStatement)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.SaveItemsInTranscation(IDatabaseConnection db, List`1 tuples)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.SaveItems(List`1 items, Action`1 afterSave, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.SaveItems(List`1 items, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.UpdateItems(List`1 items, BaseItem parent, ItemUpdateType updateReason, Boolean setDateLastSaved, Boolean saveMetadata, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.UpdateItem(BaseItem item, BaseItem parent, ItemUpdateType updateReason)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.UpdateToRepository(ItemUpdateType updateReason)
at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.SaveItem(MetadataResult`1 result, Boolean isFirstRefresh, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, ItemUpdateType reason, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RefreshMetadata(BaseItem item, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.RefreshMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateTopLibraryFolders(Boolean refreshMetadatas, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

jriker1

Here you go.  Think there are other threads I recently found with this same issue.

Note I'll go thru that kb article however loosing my watched movies isn't an option here if that is what's going to happen.  I backup my server daily.  Can I just restore something?  Think it would be an app issue because I'm not the only one that suddenly had this happen in the last few days.

embyserver-1.txt

• Solution
Happy2Play
1 minute ago, jriker1 said:

Here you go.  Think there are other threads I recently found with this same issue.

Note I'll go thru that kb article however loosing my watched movies isn't an option here if that is what's going to happen.  I backup my server daily.  Can I just restore something?  Think it would be an app issue because I'm not the only one that suddenly had this happen in the last few days.

embyserver-1.txt 1.82 MB · 0 downloads

No you have a Locked database which is way different then the Andriod issue.

SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Busy: database is locked

Follow the Remove Locks sections of the KB.

jriker1

Thanks I'll try.  I have a bunch of references to shm and wal under users and authentication and displaypreferences.  Should I be clearing these also?

Happy2Play
Just now, jriker1 said:

Thanks I'll try.  I have a bunch of references to shm and wal under users and authentication and displaypreferences.  Should I be clearing these also?

Technically when Emby is shutdown properly no db file should have remaining shm and wal files.  I would clear all of them.

Happy2Play
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do this. Thanks.

Wouldn't the OP other topic for Locked database cause this also?

Log attached in that topic.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/102778-scan-media-failing/&do=findComment&comment=1080974

Peter Nent

After the most recent update (4.7.0.15) of Emby, I'm confronted with a database issue. I followed the instructions: Corrupt Database : Emby: Installed  DB Browser for SQLite  (I've no experienace with it), checked the intigrity (found 4 errors), then fifirst I exported the database and afterwards, I imported that data into a new library-recovered.db database: that action is already running for approx. 2 days.....looking into Windows taskmanager (Windows Server 2016 DC), it consumes approx. 12% of CPU and 1.2GB memory and is still running ....

Question: is there no easier way to repair the Emby database ? (origional library.db in C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\datain is approx. 1,039GB in size)

Thanks & best regards,

Peter

Hi, something is wrong if this is taking 2 days to import.
My database is larger than yours and on my i7 notebook can export/import in less than 10 minutes.

If you like zip up your original library.db database and PM it to me.
I'll see what I can do for you.