TMDB metadata manager with TVDB named folders?

Weevillo

Weevillo

Hi, was wondering if I'll lose some accuracy if I were to choose the TMDB option instead of the TVDB when my folders use the TVDB naming structure? Sonarr doesn't support using TMDB and all my folders have been named using Sonarr, so I would much prefer to not have to manually rename all my folders, or if I were to chose TMDB and all of my Emby entries gets messed up.

Thanks in advance.

Happy2Play

Can you go over specific example?  What are you calling TVDB named folders?

Weevillo

Yes of course.

Here's an example: Classroom of the Elite (2017) [tvdb-329822] Following this structure set in Sonarr: {Series TitleTheYear} [tvdb-{TvdbId}]

Happy2Play

Okay yes providerid named folder, I have never tested this but don't really see it being a issue but will be dependent on a search query instead of direct providerid from other site.  Is there a reason you are changing to TMDB?

I thought they changed to TMDB with all the TVDB v4 api changes.

But Emby will be using v4 when they do close legacy apis next year.

Edited by Happy2Play

Weevillo
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

I thought they changed to TMDB with all the TVDB v4 api changes.

I've at least never come across this information, and it seems like (attached picture for reference) like they'll never do it anyway.

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

But Emby will be using v4 when they do close legacy apis next year.

Is there any noticeable upgrades coming alongside this new version? Except for improved functionality I reckon.

Anyhow, so to summarize: It'll lose accuracy but it should probably work?

Screenshot 2021-10-23 004621.png

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, Weevillo said:

Is there any noticeable upgrades coming alongside this new version? Except for improved functionality I reckon.

Just a newer api.  

I guess a question would be how will Sonarr get TVDB id from v4?  Are they paying for access or pushing it back on the user to enter a api pin?

• Like 1

Weevillo
17 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

I guess a question would be how will Sonarr get TVDB id from v4?  Are they paying for access or pushing it back on the user to enter a api pin?

If I'm not mistaken, I saw a post in their subreddit where they said that they've been in discussions with the team from TVDB. I reckon it has to do with them having some sort of collaboration so that they would not have to pay anything. I guess the TVDB gains something too from being the search engine behind Sonarr, like recognition end exposure.