recording 1st ep of new season greyed out

gillmacca01

8 hours ago, cayars said:

@Luke Is the change you made that I requested concerning guide data only available in the Beta version or release version as well?
This could be one of those situations that this would handle.

Yes beta only.

@emdubya77

We made a change in the recent beta release that may fix this issue you are seeing as it does for me with similar series to this.

Do you have the ability to install the Beta version on another computer or as a portable install on your present computer to test this?
This way you do not need to touch your present install just to test this.

I could help you remotely if you like with a quick install/test. Send me a PM if you would like to do this.
I'd really like to see if this change helps here for you as well.

Carlo

10 minutes ago, gillmacca01 said:

I already have the latest beta installed 

In that case, delete the series recording and then re-create it and see if that solves the issue.

17 minutes ago, gillmacca01 said:

I already have the latest beta installed 

Got it?
Remove the scheduled recording.
Remove the guide provider and let it fully refresh so all old guide data is purged.
Add the provider back again which will reload the data.
Add the scheduled recording back again.

Does it work now or do you have the same issue?

Hmm, I don't recall having to do that for all schedule recordings, but only for the ones that were problematic. 
My other scheduled recordings are still working just fine.

Anything that previously had the correct date should still be fine shouldn't it as the data wouldn't have changed for them?

9 hours ago, cayars said:

Hmm, I don't recall having to do that for all schedule recordings, but only for the ones that were problematic. 
My other scheduled recordings are still working just fine.

Anything that previously had the correct date should still be fine shouldn't it as the data wouldn't have changed for them?

Anything that was part of the guide data provider that was deleted should be rescheduled.

gillmacca01

I'll see if I can find time later today to test this. In meetings all day, so won't have the time till later

gillmacca01

Just  clearing the guide data now. 

Will report back once guide has been reloaded in, and the show re-scheduled

• Like 1

gillmacca01

Gonna be a while, only up to 54% of refreshing guide, and that's just to remove the guide.

I've made a list of all my scheduled shows, incase they all need re-adding

That's a long time.  How many channels do you have in Emby and how many days of guide are you loading?

gillmacca01

i do have a lot of channels, mixture of UK, US and some other foreign sport channels which broadcast in English (1121 channels). I did have 14 days of guide data, but I have reduced that to 7 days to speed up reloaded the guide. Currently at 34% reloading of the guide

Edited by gillmacca01
added channel numbers

When I'm doing testing I drop it down to 3 days on big lists of channels.

Just curious, how many channels do you have?
Live TV->Channels tab will give you the count.

Then I would go through your library because it thinks it is there, and/or uncheck the recording restriction.

You could try searching the name of the episode.
You can also try navigating the TV show to see if Emby thinks you already have that episode.

You can search the logs for the name of the show and look at scheduled remark/entries.

gillmacca01

I'll take another look when I get the chance. Busy with RL at the moment, but for now I have unticked 'Don't record episodes that are already in my library', and this allows the episode to be recorded.

On another note, I did try setting up a schedule for the same show being broadcast on BBC America, and got the same results, so definitely looks like it is not a guide issue  

Edited by gillmacca01