recording 1st ep of new season greyed out

gillmacca01

gillmacca01

Running the latest beta. Recording folder is set to its own folder, not to my TV library

Firstly, I have had no issues setting other shows to be recorded.

I have just set up the dvr in Emby to record the new series of Doctor Who (series 13, I already have the previous 12 series and specials in my TV library).

I have set the follow configuration:

Record: New Episodes Only

Ticked 'Don't record episodes that are already in my library'

Channels: BBC Only Only

Air Time: Anytime

Keep up to: As many as possible

When looking at the schedule at the bottom of the page, the first episode (airing 31 Oct 18:25, Series 13 Episode 1) is greyed out. No more episodes are shown, as listings are not available for the following week

I have checked my TV library folder and do not have Series 13 Episode 1 (checked incase I had one with the wrong info)

If I untick 'Don't record episodes that are already in my library' the episode is no longer greyed out

Could someone explain if I have done something wrong, or if not, why it would grey it out

That is more than two weeks away.  My guide data doesn't even go that far.  I'd wait a few days and see if it corrects itself.

Edit:  Sorry, just over a week away but my guide data still stops before then.  Let's see if it fixes in the next few days.

Hi, what does that specific episode look like if you bring up the detail page for it?
Can you grab a screenshot?

gillmacca01

And here is the series configuration screen. Notice at the bottom it is greyed out

Screenshot_20211022-165442_Emby.jpg

Yeah, if there is truly no 13x1 anywhere in your system (even misidentified) then I think the most likely explanation is that the recording engine doesn't have a season and episode number for that new showing yet.

gillmacca01

OK, I thought the recording engine got the details from the guide. My mistake

4 hours ago, gillmacca01 said:

OK, I thought the recording engine got the details from the guide. My mistake

It does. To find out which option is causing this, try loosening up the options on the series schedule one at a time.

gillmacca01

If I untick 'don't record episodes that are already in my library', then it is no longer grey, but I have searched my episodes and cannot find any misidentified or even contain 13x1 or variations 

Could you try editing your series setup for Doctor Who and change it so it's not recording new episodes?
You should be able to record all episodes but not those that already exist and I believe this will work as you expect it to.

gillmacca01

That will have to wait. I have another major issue that needs to be resolved first concerning live tv

gillmacca01

OK, fixed my major live TV issue, now back to this.

If I set it to record all episodes with a tick in 'Don't record episodes that are already in my library', the episode is still greyed out

As long as I don't put a tick in 'Don't record episodes that are already in my library' it will be scheduled. Lucky for me BBC1 only show new episodes (no repeats), so there won't be any others to record on that channel, but still doesn't explain why it thinks I have this episode in my library already

4 hours ago, gillmacca01 said:

but still doesn't explain why it thinks I have this episode in my library already

There would be two reasons I can think of:

1) It really is in your library but something is obscuring that fact from the interface/you. e.g. some other episode (or special) is mis-identified or some sort of access rule is hiding it from the user.

2) The new information has no or improper season/episode information.  It looks from the UI like that is not the case here but still suspicious IMO.

gillmacca01

I can see your point and it makes sense, but if the episode starts Doctor Who (1966), then it shouldn't really get confused

23 hours ago, gillmacca01 said:

If I untick 'don't record episodes that are already in my library', then it is no longer grey, but I have searched my episodes and cannot find any misidentified or even contain 13x1 or variations 

What do you have exactly?

gillmacca01

Not exactly sure what you mean, but if you mean by doctor who episodes, I have them all including specials - classic and new series

gillmacca01

Would the logs reveal anything. I can always cancel the series recording and recreate it

@Luke Is the change you made that I requested concerning guide data only available in the Beta version or release version as well?
This could be one of those situations that this would handle.