Emby iOS as remote instead of streaming to?

Anderella
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Anderella

Hi,

couldn't find an answer, hope you can help:

As far as I understand and checked out, the "Play at" button for example streams the content from my iPhone to Fire-TV, DLNA-device,....

As, of course, internet speed via homenetwork (LAN connection, server) is more stable and fast - Is there any hint or option to just use the iPhone/iPad Emby App just as a remote for searching content (same library) and playingback the content from my Fire-TV?

Thanks for help

Andreas

GrimReaper

Not sure what you're asking there. When you "Play on" any device listed on dropdown menu (chromecast-like icon top-right), you ain't streaming to that device but that device is streaming content from server, so your mobile is practically remote control only, or exactly as you want: used for browsing your library and controlling playback on another device. Or I misunderstood?

Anderella

You understood correct, thx.

So, to be clear:

Selecting content on my Emby iOS App "remotes" the Fire-TV Emby App and the content will played via Fire-TV to my television?

Guess those two devices should be in the same library (same user) content.

And what about: Playing and selecting my DLNA receiver? (I guess in this case it's streaming from iPhone to receiver, correct?)

• Solution
GrimReaper
Just now, Anderella said:

Selecting content on my Emby iOS App "remotes" the Fire-TV Emby App and the content will played via Fire-TV to my television?

Yep. You can check that on server Dashboard. 

Just now, Anderella said:

And what about: Playing and selecting my DLNA receiver? (I guess in this case it's streaming from iPhone to receiver, correct?)

AFAIK there is still no possibility to stream anything from your phone (downloaded content, for example), it's all server-client only, including DLNA. Unless that capability has been implemented, @Luke

Correct, it's server to device. Using the phone for remote control is only passing instructions of what to do.

• Thanks 1