Backing up my emby server so I can migrate without loss

metincan1907

metincan1907

Hello everyone,

I would like to clean install macOS so I backed up everything I have apart from emby server. Can anybody help me to understand how I could back my emby server? All my media and related nfo files are stored on an external drive so they will not be removed or deleted. However on my previous experiences I lost every information (folder names, watched thicks etc) on emby server so I had to organize  them from scratch. Isn't there a way that I could back up my all settings and bring them back after I formatted my computer?

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, metincan1907 said:

However on my previous experiences I lost every information (folder names, watched thicks etc) on emby server so I had to organize  them from scratch. Isn't there a way that I could back up my all settings and bring them back after I formatted my computer?

Use Server Configuration Backup plugin. 

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159936-configuration-backup

• Thanks 1

metincan1907
5 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

thank you very much. I am going to try the Manuel way but I think the explanation is for older versions on the other hand I found /Users/xxxxxxx/.config/emby-server/ and if I copy all subfolders from here to my back up drive and then put them back after formatting the computer. that should recover my old settings right?

GrimReaper
18 minutes ago, metincan1907 said:

I am going to try the Manuel way but I think the explanation is for older versions

@cayars, paths in the above-refrenced KB article need updating. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, that page is on my list to change a bit.  The directions are still fine however even though it shows an older location.

It's quite different on every OS besides windows anyway which is part of what I need to update.
There are a couple other KB articles the same way when any mention of the ProgramData" folder comes up (only exists on Windows).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1