All Albums in one folder show up blank in apps (Android, Theater, iOS)

PryorFamily

PryorFamily

I have had this problem for a while.  But I finally figured out something consistent with all of them.  They are all in the same Artist folder in my Library.  The folder is called Unknown Artist (artifact from windows media player). Whenever I open the album in Android, Emby Theater, or iOS (oddly enough they work if I use the web app) I have tried Scanning Library Files, moving one of the album folders to a different folder and embyserver.txtchanging some metadata but nothing fixes the problem.  See attached log and screenshot of when I open one of these albums

blank.JPG

PryorFamily

Thanks for responding Luke.  Please see the screenshot in the first post to answer your question.  None of the information loads for the album. The entire screen is blank except the app header.  

Any chance you could zip up that Artist folder and send it to me?
I'd like to take a look at these to see what might be causing you the problem.

Thanks,
Carlo

Happy2Play

Still confuse on this image about showing Search header. 

On 10/21/2021 at 11:04 PM, PryorFamily said:

Thanks for responding Luke.  Please see the screenshot in the first post to answer your question.  None of the information loads for the album. The entire screen is blank except the app header.  

I understand but that looks like the search screen, no? Not the album screen?

PryorFamily

@LukeI normally just search for music instead of browsing for it.  I took a couple more screenshots browsing for the music instead of searching for it.  1st screenshot shows the album I am going to click on 2nd screenshot shows what happens after the click (Blank Screen).  All of this music that I have identified resides in one folder on my server.  I did move one album out of that folder and it still has the same problem in the new folder location.  

Hi, Do your search again but instead of clicking on one of these items, hover over it to get the 3 dot menu.
Choose to edit metadata.  You will see the path listed to for this item.

If you look at that folder does it have valid media content or some other files in it or even an empty folder?

1 hour ago, PryorFamily said:

Oops here are the attachments

emby-after-click.JPG

emby-pre-click.JPG

That's odd. That makes it look like some kind of error. Can you try this again and capture the contents of the browser debug console?

Also are you able to update to Emby Server 4.6.4?

PryorFamily

@cayars The whole affected folder zipped is 1.39 GB.  So I zipped just one of the folders inside of it and tried to attach it and it failed every time.  It said Unknown server error.  I even tried to message it to you directly but it wouldn't upload.    2nd Grade Program.zip

So I uploaded it to my google drive and set it to share with anyone with the link.  Here is the link to access it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PPeRkQP2hEnhwAG0cq9ju7HDuqWEbfZx/view?usp=sharing

In response to your other question about the folders having valid media content.  The answer is yes.  I can click on the 3 dots and play the music from this screen I just can't open the album

PryorFamily

@Luke

I upgraded the server and now something interesting is happening.  All of the albums that were problematic have disappeared but the songs that were in those folders are still in the emby  If I go into the metadata the album is still listed but just doesn't show up in emby.  See screenshots below:  

Your second request is not valid anymore because I can't see the albums and I don't know how to capture the contents of the browser debug console for Emby Theater app (and the issue wasn't present in the web app).

Thoughts?

emby-albums.JPG

emby-oakcrest-search.JPG

emby-oakcrest1-album.JPG

Happy2Play

The issue i see with this music is they only have almun and track tag so Emby will not properly show them outside the Folder view.

The 2nd Grade Program files and the image above shows to many missing tags.

Edited by Happy2Play

I took a look as well and Emby has no chance of identifying this as there is no artist folder, basically no tagging at all. Even the file names are track #1 to #11.
The only thing it knows is you have 11 tracks in a folder called 2nd Grade Program.

I tried to acoustically sample the files to see what this might be but even that was unreliable.

Who is the artist for this?

Not having an artist folder is ok.

The question is really about the embedded metadata within the tracks.

Are the tracks tagged with album and albumartist values?

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Are the tracks tagged with album and albumartist values?

Sample provided only has Album just like the image provided.  So with the lack of information the only tab that will work/work properly is Folder view and Songs.

emby-oakcrest1-album.JPG

@PryorFamily can you update the embedded metadata within the tracks to add the albumartist value?

Then run a library scan and emby server will pick up the changes. Your can easily do this with tools such as Picard and mp3tag. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

PryorFamily

@Luke You fixed it.  Adding data to the albumartist value corrected the issue.  As a relatively new user I have a couple other things I've been trying to figure out:

1) Is there any support to control emby with your voice (Google Assistant) while driving?  Scenario: I'm driving and want to turn on some music but don't want to pick up my phone and push all the buttons to start the music.  I'd just like to say "Hey Google Play Randy's Playlist in emby" or something like that and have it start playing.  This is supported with other apps like spotify and pandora but I can't seem to get it to work with emby.  

2) Network changes:  This problem has been really annoying and I can't find a work around.  I listen to Audiobooks or music while I jog so here is what happens.  I turn on some music while in the house stretching then I head outside to go jogging.  I get a few hundred feet from the house and the music stops (Because I lost my wifi connection and all the buffered music has played).  I then have to stop and turn off wifi close emby and then restart the music.   Is there any way that emby could handle network changes a bit better?  Like buffer enough ahead so it has 30-60 sec to handle the network change and keep going without a hiccup.  

3) Is there a way to save my username/password in the android/iphone apps?  Periodically I have to re-log in and the user/pass has to be re-entered each time.  

Thanks for your help!

2) Network changes:  This problem has been really annoying and I can't find a work around.  I listen to Audiobooks or music while I jog so here is what happens.  I turn on some music while in the house stretching then I head outside to go jogging.  I get a few hundred feet from the house and the music stops (Because I lost my wifi connection and all the buffered music has played).  I then have to stop and turn off wifi close emby and then restart the music.   Is there any way that emby could handle network changes a bit better?  Like buffer enough ahead so it has 30-60 sec to handle the network change and keep going without a hiccup.  

The user interface can handle when your app switches between local and remote networks, but currently, the audio & video players need improvement in this area.

3) Is there a way to save my username/password in the android/iphone apps?  Periodically I have to re-log in and the user/pass has to be re-entered each time.  

It already does this by default. Make sure to click "remember me" when signing in. If you have to login again, it's due to one of the following:

• Deleting the device from the server devices section
  • Changing the user password