Emby next gen - Tv Shows cannot be sorted by episode

stefprob
Go to solution Solved by stefprob,

stefprob

I am having the following odd problem, when i add my TV Shows  menu from Emby (video nodes, emby next-gen, Tv SHOWS), i do not have the option to short them by episode. If i add them through the normal TV SHOWS of Kodi (media, video, import--> dirext smb path to tv shows folder)  the option to short them by episode is available.

stefprob

Update, i open emby, choose TV SHOWS and when i get in a show i still cannot sort by episode, there is no option to select it....

I have tried with the default Kodi skin and with AEON MQ for Matrix.

Edited by stefprob

stefprob

The pic you have posted is from the default Kodi TV SHOWS menu and yes, it has a sort by episode option. I am talking about the TV SHOWS from Emby next gen menu, where no option like this exists:

20211022_110813.jpg

quickmic

Oh, you are talking about un-synced content? I'll add the sort option....

Synced content has of course the same options in plugin menu.

Edited by quickmic

stefprob

So, if  i sync the emby tv shows library i have created with Kodi, when i open Emby and TV SHOWS there will be an option to sort by episode, if i understand correct?

How do i sync the library? Please inform me about that operation.

quickmic

Please elaborate:

i have created with Kodi

I'm a bit confused, the plugin shows only Emby (server) content. Are you talking about Kodi native content?

...and yes, if you sync it, you have the sort option. Also I'm a bit surprised you did sync it while plugin installation. The install wizard asked you what to sync. Anyway, you can modify synced content in the plugin config menu -> sync -> manage libraries.

stefprob

Yes, sorry, i wrote it wrong, the library i have created with Emby not Kodi. The wizard did ask me to sync the library, i did sync it, but i still do not have the option to sort it by episode.

I will go into emby options, remove the TV SHOWS library and then add it again to see what happens, i will report back the results....

stefprob

It seems i cannot remove, add or repair the specific library, since anything i choose there is no option to select a specific library, i can see only the "All" option and when i press it nothing happens...

quickmic
2 minutes ago, stefprob said:

It seems i cannot remove, add or repair the specific library, since anything i choose there is no option to select a specific library, i can see only the "All" option and when i press it nothing happens...

Please send me a kodi.log, seems something wrong

btw, which device/box are you using?

Edited by quickmic

stefprob

I uninstalled emby next-gen, restarted Kodi, installed again. It is syncing all libraries now, i will check when it has finished and report back to you,

I am using Xiaomi Mi-Box S.

• Like 1

• Solution
stefprob

Mark this solved, there was something wrong with the installation, after i installed again and synced, everything is ok, i now have the option to sort by episode and is selected by default.

Thanks a lot for your help!

• Like 1