Nothing plays properly for me, and Dolby Vision is somehow enabling.

Mkilbride

Mkilbride

So normally I'd start a movie up, one of my Remux, HDR10.  It'd play, my TV would switch to HDR. LG C8. Been fine for the almost 3 years I've had it now.

Yet now when I start a movie, it tries to turn Dolby Vision on, something that obviously doesn't work with Emby.  Turning Dolby off in my NVIDIA Shield, it then falls back to HDR - but all files are STILL freezing around 4s in. I uninstalled Emby, re-installed it, tried restarting my Shield and nada. This just started happening about two days ago. For some reason, older files like 480p / low bit rate files play, but even those chug.

I would think the files - or my network at fault, if I didn't fallback and try Plex...where everything plays perfectly fine without issue. Same with Netflix, Amazon, Hulu ect.  The installed Emby server is 4.6.4.0, the TV version is 2.0.48g

I'm attaching some logs - but weirdly, it appears to NOT be generating them when I play a file.  I only got Emby server and a transcode log when I tried to force one to fix it, which it did not.

embyserver-63770309496(1).txt ffmpeg-remux-798e2239-14a6-42d1-a3c7-8f84572fc388_1.txt

Edited by Mkilbride

1 hour ago, Mkilbride said:

it tries to turn Dolby Vision on, something that obviously doesn't work with Emby.

Not sure why you say that.  We support DV if supported by the hardware.

Can you please play one of the items with an issue for a few seconds and then follow the instructions to send a log from the app?

rbjtech

To play HDR and/or DV, you need the emby server to NOT transcode - ie NOT produce any ffmpeg logs ;)

The Shield supports all the major codecs, so you need to ensure it is set to Auto where possible.

Emby 4.6.4.0 and 2.0.49g play DV perfectly as that is my primary setup and I use it daily.