Album View Missing

nospammage
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

nospammage

I'm running emby-server-deb_4.5.4.0_armhf.deb, haven't updated in awhile and updated today to emby-server-deb_4.6.4.0_armhf.deb.  When I refreshed all the files and opened the album artist view, the list of albums normally displayed under the artist was missing (see attached screenshot).  All my music is stored in artist\album\track folder structure and from what I'm reading, that should work fine with version 4.6 and up.  Am I missing something?  I rolled back to 4.5.4.0 and everything is back to normal.

screenshot.jpg

nospammage

So where is the id3 tag edited?  In the Metadata Manager?  I have edited every music file manually to ensure they all  line up.  The MP3 tag editor confirms this.

Edited by nospammage

Happy2Play
Just now, nospammage said:

So where is the id3 tag edited?  In the Metadata Manager?

Emby will not write embedded metadata to your files.  You will need to use your preferred music tagging software (Musicbrainz Picard, MP3Tag or many others).  

After verifying your tags, if you are still having issues you will need to go over a specific example.

nospammage

So if I verify the tags are correct, reinstall the update, scan the music files and it still doesn't show up, is it safe to roll back to 4.5.4.0 again as long as I don't make any changes to the database?

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, nospammage said:

So if I verify the tags are correct, reinstall the update, scan the music files and it still doesn't show up, is it safe to roll back to 4.5.4.0 again as long as I don't make any changes to the database?

Changes to the database are already made starting the new update.  So rolling back has no guarantee of functioning properly.

But there would have to be missing metadata if your are not appearing in the UI.  Would need to go over a specific example including the embedded metadata.

7 hours ago, nospammage said:

So where is the id3 tag edited?  In the Metadata Manager?  I have edited every music file manually to ensure they all  line up.  The MP3 tag editor confirms this.

What exactly did you do?

nospammage

Duh!  Scan took forever this time but worked like a charm.  Thanks a bunch Luke!  You can go ahead and roll your eyes now!  :-)