The application does not log in

santne

The problem is the following:
I have the android tv application, with an internal address of the type 192.168.1.10, and when I take the android tv to another residence, I try to enter the external address (https://loquesea.com), but the address does not change. Returns me to the pin screen.
The server does not detect any access attempts.
I have tested the same thing on a sony tv, tvbox androidtv and xiaomi tv stick.
With the android application for mobile it works correctly.
I think there is a bug in the access from androidtv.

Hi.  I'm sure that remote access is working fine from the app.  Something must be blocking the connection or perhaps the address or port are not correct.

Are you trying to use SSL?  If so, what type of certificate do you have?

Are you sure that you have the external port correct when logging in via the app?

I use ssl with a certificate from Letsencrypt. With any other client I can log in perfectly. The problem is only in the android tv client.

21 minutes ago, santne said:

I use ssl with a certificate from Letsencrypt.

Okay, that is more than likely going to be your issue.

@cayars do you have a link handy for the solution to fixing the intermediate certificate problem there?  Perhaps we need a KB article...

No I don't have one handy for Android.

I think this would be better in the forum "Tutorials and Guides" section vs KB. Just like we did for fixing library types only leave it open vs closed.

This way multiple people can contribute info for specific OS and device and we can update the op post with specifics as we gather that info.
What do you think?

8 minutes ago, cayars said:

No I don't have one handy for Android.

The fix is actually on the server...  Let me see if I can find it.

After a few tests, I managed to make the androidtv clients work.

I have deleted the famous pem certificates, and I have changed the ssl option to "preferable but not necessary".

Now androidtv clients work, but they are not using ssl, because if I activate it for all connections, they stop working.

I have not been able to install the emby application for android, because in the Play store it does not give the option. Only emby tv appears.

FrostByte

I don't think you can install the standard Android app from the Android TV store, you need download the apk and sideload it

You will likely continue to have problems with SSL on some devices until you can update the certificate on the server properly.

Check this thread:

1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

I don't think you can install the standard Android app from the Android TV store, you need download the apk and sideload it

Not yet at least.

• Like 1